Folksy Ltd

Struck down by the lurgy!

(mrmylo) #1

Anyone else got a nasty cold/cough at the moment? This lurgy is like an achey flu with an extra helping of chest infection :cold_sweat:

(Deborah Jones) #2

No , I think you can keep that one .
My daughter came home from school feeling rough and temperaturey though …so it may have entered the house.

Hope you get over it soon !

(mrmylo) #3

Are you sure, i have plenty of it to go around! :grin:

1 Like
(Sasha Garrett) #4

That sounds like a different one to what the OH had - I pass on having yours just like I avoided his. Plenty of hot tea and paracetamol during the day and benelin night mucus cough overnight should see you right in no time.
Enjoy your quarantine/ daytime TV.

(mrmylo) #5

Thanks ladies. It’s driving me mad! There’s only so much daytime TV a girl can take! I think i have seen every episode ever made of police interceptors now - I think i’m now qualified to be a police officer!

(Ruth ) #6

You have my total sympathy. I started with it three weeks ago, had 2 days off work (first days off in 17years!) & 3 weeks on still have the cough. My comfort was oxtail soup - did lose weight. Hope you grt over it soon.

(Kim Blythe) #7

I’ve had it too, since Monday…driving me nuts. Awake half the night coughing. Haven’t made anything for my shop this week…so yes, I can sympathise too…

(Tina Martin) #8

No, I’m find but my OH is just getting over his, it’s yuk! Hope you feel better soon :slight_smile:

(Marg) #9

I’ve had my yearly flu jab, but between Christmas and New Year I came down with some sort of virus, shivering and feeling horrid. I actually spent a day in bed, which is totally unheard of for me. But thankfully it only lasted for three days, but I survived on toast and scrambled egg, didn’t have a drink to celebrate the New Year, I couldn’t get coffee or alcohol past my lips.

Hope you feel better soon, sending a hug, from a distance!!

(Hobbitgirlie1880) #10

Hope you feel better soon. I had a terrible bug a few weeks ago. Couldn’t move cos every were hurt and head felt foggy and yukky.
It toke forever to go.
I have now come down with a sinus infection. It’s very annoying.

(Danielle Hall Nicola Malia) #11

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!
The kids at work are complete germbags at the moment! I considered popping across the corridor to borrow a dust mask from the woodwork classroom to keep myself safe until Easter. I feel a bit grotty at the moment but I think it’s just coursework and exam stress (my year 11 are cool as cucumbers but I’m bricking it!)

2 Likes
(mrmylo) #12

I work at a University library which is also a hotbed of party germs, you can spend a whole day trying to escape can’t you! :slight_smile:

1 Like