Struggling for views and sales

Hi everyone,

My shop is still relatively new- it’s about 6 weeks old now. I think my views and sales are still very low. I’ve only had three different customers and normally have less than 10 views a day.

I have a Twitter and a Facebook which I use at least once a week (trying to use daily now) and a Pinterest page and Blog.

I know when I first opened lots of people were saying that they were struggling, but I’ve seen a lot more positive posts recently.

Is anyone else having similar difficulties?

Can anyone give any tips on how to get more views/sales? (I work full time so I’m not able to work on my shop as much as I would like to.)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Jennie.

If you’ve been open only 6 weeks and you’ve had 5 sales already I’d say you’re doing very well indeed! Many people have to wait months for their first sale. Getting noticed as on online shop among the many thousands of other online shops is incredibly difficult and it takes time to build up interest and get people to notice your shop. I would say possibly you have higher expectations than are realistic?

Having said that your shop is lovely. In particular I love your cushion covers, and they are priced low too. You’ve got a good mix of items for sale and the descriptions are well written.

Good luck!

1 Like

I don’t have any tips (sorry :frowning: ), but just wanted to say you’re not alone.

I’m new too and although I’ve started a Twitter, FB and Pinterest, I just don’t have time to give it all the attention it deserves.

I think for me it’ll be slow going at first (and possibly forever!) but I am learning so much am finding it great fun :smile: