Where are all the shoppers?

I have had 2 views in the past week!!!
Where am I going wrong, as I am not even getting viewed, at tleast on the other one I am getting seen.
Can’t really figure it out? Is it me or is it the site?

How much promoting are you doing ie how often and how many different venues?

Also be aware the shop view counter didn’t work for yesterdays views

The views have been appalling lately, I do plenty of promoting, although not as much as I should. I have other shops with other sites and I get more views there than here.
Jan x

2 Likes

I’ve just looked at your Facebook page and I can’t find any mention on there of Folksy - though you do have an Etsy link.
If you want people to look at your shop on here you need to make sure they know it is here. A link or even a mention on your Facebook page is an obvious place to start.
PS Can’t see a link on your webpage either.

Views don’t seem to be a huge problem, though they are down-ishbut views are not turning into sales for me. I find myself wondering whether my prices are too high/too low and end up thinking leave it! Hopes are still on for the big C helping!

Ok, I see the point of my facebook page not having any mention. If there was an easier way to tweet, without having to go to my shop, this must be counted as a view, which makes it worse as these 2 views are probably me! Will link my shop via website too, but whether this will make a difference?

2 Likes

Definitely don’t be tempted to lower prices, unless it’s older stock you’re trying to shift.
It’s always a temptation to do so if sales are slow, but underpricing would just be selling yourself short.

Hope your sales pick up soon!

Sarah x

Hi joy, how do you add a shop to your fb page. My etsy link is on there but empty shop even tho its full. And would to add my blog as had nearly 200 views last week. Would love to add reviews too.

Eeer I’m sorry but I don’t know now how I dd it. I just clicked the link and it takes me to an App called Woobox but I don’t remember that it was that that I used (that’s a lot of thats !).
I’m sure somebody will have the info at their fingertips / you might try a search on the forums for instructions. xx

My views have been appalling for a week or so now, but I haven’t had chance to promote as much as normal so this may be the reason I’m struggling.
It would be lovely to have more hours in the day sometimes ;-).

Karen

exactly the same as me Denise, I have lots of views, been promoting like mad but it’s just turning them into sales. Again like you, hoping once I get out there at craft fairs for Christmas that will boost them up again - not had a single sale on Folksy since beginning of September and really worrying!

I think you need to be promoted by Folksy, on the front page and in the different sections they seem to promote. The rest of us just have to grin and bear it. Then is that me just being grumpy today. Marg. x

6 Likes

I agree in spades. I’m probably being way too honest,but I get fed up of seeing the same items day after day,and I really don’t understand why things which were sold hours ago are still on show…yes, showing success and encouraging copy-buying,but almost everything on offer is a one-off! It must be my age…permanent grumpiness rules.

3 Likes

the best way to encourage shoppers is to do your own promotion. facebook is a good way of doing this, likewise twitter or instagram or whatever you feel works for you - we’re very fortunate to have all these social media tools at our disposal. personally i prefer facebook to promote my shop - its a great way to show pictures of what you’re working on, let people know what you have for sale, and most importantly you can chat to and engage with fans of your page. promotion is absolutely vital if you want people to buy your makes, how you go about it is up to you.

3 Likes

Hi Denise, I’m also fed up with the same old, same old. I am promoting on Twitter and Facebook (tried to sign up to Craftjuice! - no response,) and I have a blog (all linked) but I haven’t sold anything since August, I am getting some views but they’re on a downward spiral. Trying to be positive, but it’s not easy. Hope everyone gets some shoppers soon! Liz

1 Like

Hi Denise. I don’t know if this will bring a little bit of joy, but have you seen this necklace in the Space Oddity Trend Guide? Here’s the link http://folksy.com/themes/space_oddity

Hi Liz @BizzyLiz It took me several day, maybe a week or more to get onto Craftjuice. Hope you hear back soon. I love craftjuice. Marg. x

1 Like

Hi Marg, @memicrafts thanks, I’ll keep checking my e mail. Liz x

Yes - it’s great, but…it’s brought in lots of views but no sales,and,sounding like a broken record,but it’s been there for what feels like ages. I still wish there would be greater turnover of items front-paged. I’d rather have three things up for three days each than one for ten days. Sorry to keep moaning though. I should be grateful to be here at all!(honestly…after my escapades in hospital in the last 18 months😇)

1 Like

Yes, I also keep FBing and Tweeting and Pinterest boarding. Lots of FB likes but that’s all. Moan,moan,grumble,whinge and any other words of similar meaning😉

1 Like