Stuck on new listing loading circle

I am just getting a bit sick of seeing the big white band across my screen with the whirling loading circle in the middle getting me nowhere :woman_facepalming::cry: meaning I can’t preview the page and I have to come out of that page, loose the new listing details that I was trying to add to my shop then start all over again :hushed:.

Sometimes I’m at the adding photos stage and they all gave the loading circle so once again I have to come out and start again.

My WiFi is fine and strong so why does this regularly happen, so frustrating….

I’m not totally sure what is going on, but because I’ve found that it is around the loading photos stage that problems mostly arise, this is always the first thing that I do when creating a listing.

I advise loading photos as the first thing to do when creating a listing. That way if there is problems with loading photos, you haven’t wasted time writing your blurb and everything else only to lose it all.

3 Likes

Yes I do that to save my time for sure, also I do basic details then try to save listing before spending too much time on it then if it saves I can go back and edit.

My question is why is this happening so much and is it just me or is it the app?

Sounds as if you are loading new. Far safer and easier to copy and amend and as soon as you copy it saves it.

1 Like

Hi Joy, I do it from an existing listing and change photos and a few bits, but it only works about half the time

Ah. I wouldnt bother using the app myself but that’s because I touch type here on my laptop and my finger tips are too big for my phone buttons :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t bother with the app either. I can do everything I need to quite easily on the website and I still only do it on my phone or tablet. I didn’t really get it when everyone was calling for an app. I don’t have the app for e**y either, I just use the website.

2 Likes

Please can you send a message to support@folksy.co.uk, explaining the problem and if possible sending screenshots that show the issue and confirm you’ve filled in all required fields? It can also help us to know what device you’re using and what version of the app you’re on (if it’s not the most recent, make sure you update and try that first).

As it sounds like it’s often at the photo stage, please also double check your images fit our requirements (under 5MB and jpg).

1 Like

I don’t use the app either (or any other apps!). A long time ago I used to have trouble loading, but not now, unless my photos are too big as Kim says.

2 Likes

Oh no, human error :laughing: I’d forgotten about the photo sizes as I’d not added a listing for a while