Folksy Ltd

Tax disc area

(Grimm Exhibition) #1

I had to renew my car tax today, and as the new laws kicked in we no longer get the paper disc to put in the little holder on the window. I was thinking how to use this empty area to my advantage. I thought I could make something to advertise my crafts. MAke a circular something or other with site details and images.
Is this a daft idea of a practical one?
Have any of you used the area for anything?

(Rachel) #2

Yes, I do a hobby called geocaching, and use “trackables” for others to spot, I have put my trackable in that area before now and seen others do it. Rachel

(Stephanie Guy) #3

@GrimmExhibition I think if you put any advertising for your business on your car you need to inform your insurer otherwise it can invalidate your insurance.

Geocaching sounds fun Rachel @Glehcar , I may give it a go - it will add some interest to dog walks. Do you need an app?

(Rachel) #4

No and there are lots around Orkskirk, I used to do it from a map then eventually got a GPS my OH has cgeo on his phone - its free.

(Grimm Exhibition) #5

@StephanieGuy Why is that? Because it would be considered a vehicle for the business rather than a runaround?

(Stephanie Guy) #6

Yes I think so, it’s something I heard ages ago but haven’t pursued as I don’t advertise via my car. It’s definitely worth having a conversation with your insurers first.

(Ali Joyce) #7

Gosh I would never have thought of that. It’s amazing all the things you have to consider!

(Rachel) #8

I think if you buy a magnetic pad for your car with your logo etc on it from a well known supplier then they do say you should inform your insurer.

(Susannah Ayre) #9

Hmm…but I have Born Free & WWF car stickers on the back windows of my car. Couldn’t that be seen as advertising?
I wouldn’t think twice about sticking something that small as a form of advertising in my car window. After all, plenty businesses think it’s ok to stick their leaflets under my car window wipers.
My car is insured as business & social but I wouldn’t have thought that makes any difference. Unless you’re using your car for actual business purposes & it’s only insured as ‘social’ or if you put large advertisements on your car therefore changing the main colour etc, in which case you would just contact the DVLA.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #10

I think this is a lovely idea, as long as its legal, you could put your little round Folksy flag there, then we could see who was in our area. Are there not over 5000, shops under the Folksy umbrella, shouldnt be too difficult to spot one another,
Suzzie x

(Grimm Exhibition) #11

I had a quick look into it, I don’t know the full facts but it looks like you can get a fine if you advertise something in your car whilst the car is parked in something like a car park/council owned area.
Its a silly suggestion I had, forget I ever mentioned it.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #12

It wasnt silly a silly idea. It made me smile, thinking about bumping into another Folksier, not literally mind you, like a secret club.
Suzzie x