The Smorgasbord - New Version Makes me Smile!

So, having made a mega-fuss and moaned a lot when the Smorgasbord first appeared… Well, I thought I should now say something about the New, Updated, Amended Version.

Because, now that it has had a few “tweaks” from Folksy, it looks So Much Better. The tiny weeny photos have gone, it’s tidied up and there are now two large windows for the Gift Guides - which also have “Gift Guide” in their titles, thus making it nice and clear what they are for.
There are still a few bits I would do differently, if it was me - but hey, it is a lot nicer and I actually Like the Smorgasbord now!!! (shock, amazement…).

I just thought that, after all my whinging, it was only fair to say Thanks to Folksy, for listening to our initial opinions and making changes to improve. It’s nice to feel that we are listened to! Thank you @sianfolksy and all Folksy Admin Peeps!

Lizzie

6 Likes

Although the word Smorgasboard will always - for some obscure reason - remind me of a german sausage :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s that nice Swedish style lunch - I always approve of lunch! :wink:

3 Likes

I know that I am being really dim…but what is the word Smorgasbord…is it a “made up” word or does it actually mean anything?..and what does it mean?..is it a place to have a moan?..Is it a criticism thread…??
Someone tell me please…lol

see, @LizzieMade, you just needed to sleep on it for 7 nights :wink:

1 Like

No @fionaT … I just need to see it a bit more “tidied up” with less chaos… then I cna get my head round it! :wink:

@teabreaks Brenda, this is Smorgasbord: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smörgåsbord

Lizzie
x

thanks Lizzie…that is as clear as mud then…what has this thread got to do with food or a buffet?
I know I am being really thick here…but…lol

I love the new board… the fact that newly listed items are now given a fair chance of being seen makes it easier to be noticed on Folksy by people who are not always following the normal trends.

2 Likes

…and it’s still a ‘no’ from me.

I really like it, I have seen lots of lovely things I would like to buy that I wouldn’t have seen or searched for and I love how it is ever changing.

1 Like

I love the eclectic mix of different items and exposure given to a wider range of sellers and crafts.
The front page has a new energy now, and I like that.

The only thing I would change is that the ‘‘Favourite Finds’’ would be changed twice weekly rather than the same items being featured for a whole week.

Sarah x

1 Like

I really like it, it’s great to see lots of items from so many shops. Hope everyone has a fair chance of being shown though. We all pay the same fees!

1 Like

I agree it looks better :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s amazing what a difference the small “tweaks” that Support did have made to the appearance of the new Smorgasbord screen. I really like how it now works. To begin with I was so negative and hated it - it was sooo messy and didn’t seem to give very fair exposure to our stuff. Now it shows two lovely large Gift Guide photos - and the gift guides are rotated regularly. And the small photos are neater, all the same size, with only the shop name - so no long, long descriptions etc.
I started this thread to say I was pleased, because I was so negative to start with - but I just wanted to add that I am still loving it, after a “fair chance”!
Well done to our lovely Team!

3 Likes