The Smorgasbord

I love it, I absolutely flippin love it :grinning::grinning:
Well done Folksy.
Its great to see so much real time information changing with just the click of the refresh button.
Its brilliant to see whatā€™s currently being bought, and how many visitorsā€¦ Its just great.
Iā€™m off to have another ogle :laughing::laughing:

Karen :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, I want to like it, I really do, but I think thereā€™s too much going on. Us sellers would get used to it, but as a buyer, I would struggle to navigate my way around the front page and would find it off putting.

1 Like

woohoo I made the home pageā€¦and I notice Stephie was there as wellā€¦time to partyā€¦

3 Likes

I actually clicked on listing that was ā€˜being bought nowā€™ and kept refreshing the listing page but at no time did it show as sold?

Edited to add I have just seeked out the item that was ā€˜being bought nowā€™ 2hrs ago and itā€™s still available?

Like the idea of the pge refreshing and showing items from lots of different shops but think there are too many, makes it look messy and confusing. Fab idea though.

Maybe that was me! Just found a loophole and a way of getting on the new front page, not that I would normally do this but perhaps Folksy need to be aware.

1 Like

On the whole I like it, although like @NiftyKnits I think the number of browsers is often depressingly low; it was down in the 30s earlier. Perhaps it might be better not to display that if it drops below a certain number?

When I refresh though, not as much changes as I would expect, the ā€˜favourited by x peopleā€™ images havenā€™t changed at all since I first looked earlier, having viewed across 2 different browsers and opened and closed tabs multiple times. I canā€™t believe there arenā€™t other items across the site with as many or more hearts that could/should be rotated in?

I just tracked something similar, but it was a pattern and there are still 99 of it left. maybe thatā€™s what happened with your item?

I just looked at a being sold now item but the shop has had 0 sales so canā€™t see that thatā€™s right!

The stats in the banner are a nice idea but looking at the figures Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be shouting about them. Perhaps they could be somewhere more discreet.

The block of pictures does seem very overwhelming and busy on first impressions. I agree with @ciesse that it would be easier on the eye if the titles only appeared when you hover. Also, do buyers need to see whatā€™s recently sold? It might be interesting to sellers but I think the home page should be kept for things that are actually available to buy (assuming there was only ever one available).

The Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook boxes are very dominant and clicking on them takes you off the site altogether, without opening a new tab/window, which seems counter-productive. We want to keep buyers browsing.

5 Likes

For me, seeing that things are being sold all the time makes me keener to snap things up that I want before someone else gets them. It shows that Folksy is a vibrant active site and itā€™s exciting!

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot going on, first time buyers may find it confusing. I gotta admit I donā€™t generally even glace at the front page anymore when I log inā€¦ if Iā€™m looking for something I generally go to search but Iā€™ve been on here an absolute Yonk!.

Itā€™s a lot to scroll down too, Iā€™m finding it slightly overwhelming.

And I agree with Daisy Beth, if the social media boxes did open in new tabs rather than offsite it would make more sense than directing people away from folksy.

1 Like

I think it looks nice but I then got very confused! Couldnā€™t work out if things were in sections or what. It does look better that itā€™s more in-line with the new shop appearances though. Maybe itā€™s kind of odd that the front page is all random tiles and the shops are regular and ordered though?
I totally agree that the facebook and twitter etc. links should open in a separate window/ tab - once customers have wandered off they might get distracted!
Heather

What on earthā€™s happened to the front page itā€™s a total mess? Itā€™s all over the place a real jumble. Your eye doesnā€™t know where to look first.

Thank goodness I donā€™t tend to go to the front page unless I want to use the search bar to find an item.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m rather liking the new home page ! .It will certainly keep thing fresh and interesting . My only worry is that itā€™s a long scroll down to the bottom of the page for recently listed ??!! ! Oh and I did prefer the ā€˜Talk Folksyā€™ in red highlights , I need to be slapped in the face with things ! ha!
On the whole, thumbs up though :smile:

A bit busy and confusing for a front page in my opinion - It is quite hard to spot what site you are on too - the Folksy logo is so small.
I do like seeing all the info though, but maybe it could all go under the Pinterest board - I prefer a clean artistic first impression to be honest
Also it just had a picture of my earrings saying being bought now - but nobody has bought them :frowning:

Yes I have to agree with that as in the evening I use my laptop which is only 11" screen and little things get too little to see - so imagine them on a tablet or on my phone and i would need to get some reading glasses :grin:

1 Like

Wonder if that/s the one Iā€™ve seen - a babies blanket ? Wonder if that means itā€™s been ordered but payment has not gone through ?

Does that figure include ā€˜meā€™ when Iā€™m not browsing at all but have popped onto the front page to check if I have anything showing on there ?

I think it does Joy, I spotted my grey fingerless gloves on the there saying ā€˜being bought nowā€™, they were there for a few minutes but werenā€™t bought, maybe just put in the basket and then they logged out/removed them without going through any further :frowning: Was exciting at the time though! According to Google Analytics real time it was someone in Los Angeles!

Natalie x

1 Like