The Smorgasbord

I agree the central Instagram box contains too many small images - it would be better with less in my opinion.

1 Like

Overall I think it’s more interesting than before - there’s a lot of information to take in though, so not sure whether it might distract buyers away from actually shopping.

I think it might look better without all the product titles, as they make it messy - just the image and shop name might work better, and look a bit less crowded. The titles could appear as you hover, like they did previously on the Favourites.

There’s one item that says ‘being bought now’, I’ve sat there watching it for a while and it’s still not bought?

Too busy with too much info in my humble opinion. I’m all for easy on the eye and simplicity.

1 Like

I like it, lots of interest and plenty to coax buyers into looking at more things :smile:

2 Likes

that shows what is being bought at that moment - it only refreshes when you either refresh the browser or click the “refresh content” button

Fair point. It is definitely busier - the intention being to show what this community of buyers and sellers are ‘doing’, to show the activity that is going on. We look at the stats regularly - we have a board in the studio showing what’s happening - and it is really interesting. We’ll be iterating on the design as we get feedback and get the data on how people use it.

1 Like

That is definitely a risk. However, there are only a couple of “recently favourited” tiles in the grid and they change regularly - obviously as people favourite things - so I doubt it will be gamed significantly and is probably a small risk (famous last words!). If it proves to be a problem we can change the algorithm to throttle showing more than x favourites from the same account etc.

I like it too and Yay @teabreaks you are on the page with 16 likes for your artwork!

Throttling the algorithm, sounds like some happening in Middle Earth, does Gandolf know about this? :smile:

2 Likes

Hi,

My initial reaction is that it is very messy. It’s all over the place and the photos are so small. The “just sold” item seems to appear several times and it’s not clear what are “Folksy Favourites” and what are the various themed collections. Frankly, I do not like it and I don’t think I will “get used to it” this time round.

This doesn’t look like a “smorgasbord”, which is generally nicely presented, with things arranged to look appealing. It’s just a mess. Sorry!

Lizzie

1 Like

wah - way way too busy for me. I know I’m never good with change, but much too much to take in - and I only ever use a desktop PC. Surely on a mobile device you wouldn’t be able to see anything properly with so much going on?

edited to add - I think the" number of people browsing" that is displayed is really depressing. Just now it was 119. Only 119. If only 119 people are even looking on folksy at the moment, how many are buying?

Hi,
I thought I was on a different website!! I was totally confused, didn’t know where or what to look at!
A little messy and confusing but that could just be because it’s something new.
I do, however like the idea of different sellers/items been featured and shown, that’s refreshing to see, instead of the current trends all the time.

1 Like

It definitely looks interesting, but I do agree there appears to be rather a lot going on all at once - it may actually put people off looking for what they actually want but I suppose there are two ways of looking at that really though. The figures are rather disappointing for people viewing as per nifty knits above - whereabouts did you see that @NiftyKnits? It will be interesting to see how things develop.

Jane

I really like it; it’s a much more interesting front page that instantly grabbed my attention and I love the header & tag line.

Big thumbs up from me.
Angela

3 Likes

Hello. The stats are in real time, so show people browsing at that moment. Across a typical day there are 10,000 people (and 250,000 a month). The stats are also specific to folksy.com and not the forum etc.

1 Like

the number was in the top banner

yes, I understood that, that’s why I was hitting refresh. I still think it’s a very tiny number.

1 Like

I quite like it :slight_smile:

Lin

The FP actually gave me palpitations! I think it’s very chaotic and cluttered with most of the info being unnecessary. It looks like a jumble sale advert. The worst piece of information there for me was where it told me that I was one of 98 people browsing the site. Blimey, I was shocked that out of the whole world’s population there were only 98 people looking. Sorry, but that kind of info was definitely TMI!

2 Likes