Trying something completely different

Have you ever branched out and listed something completely different from your usual range? Do you think it’s a good idea to try out new things on the market - or do you think it makes you look as if you don’t know what to focus on?

I ask because I have just listed this tiny artist book which I have had much fun making - and wondered whether it might have a market. But it’s rather different from all the other things in my shop…

5 Likes

I am constantly creating new products, this is what keeps the passion alive.

4 Likes

I don’t think it hurts to branch out, I’d say rather than showing lack of focus it shows a willingness to try something new & gives variety to your shop.

2 Likes

I have spent my life doing different crafts…knitting,crochet,painting,fimo clay,salt dough, needlefelting,papercraft,card making…the list is endless…x

2 Likes

Variety is the spice of life, as they say. If you don’t do it you will never know.

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with all the comments made Helen @HelenCliffordArt Variety is indeed the spice of life and customers are always on the look out for something new and fresh… It’s very good to show versatility too. I know that at the moment, I am currently listing commercial craft supplies, kits, gifts and books, but have used the same philosophy in my business and would also adopt that when I include my own handcrafted items, next year hopefully.

Paula :smiley:xx

2 Likes

I’ve been doing more painting and art after giving up pewter-making. I must say, there hasn’t been much interest sales wise, but never mind! It’s interesting to go back to it :grinning:

2 Likes

I do try lots of different things, which keeps me interested and is more fun! It does pay to ring the changes sometimes, doesn’t it. Not that I plan to give up the drawing …

3 Likes

2 Likes

A hand-felted hyacinth? That’s one houseplant i could actually keep alive, @PaulinesCrafts!

4 Likes

@HelenCliffordArt. I’ve had orders for these already via other sites and within a few minutes of me putting them on there. So I hope they are going to be my most popular item.

2 Likes

I love craft to much to not try new thing. I normal have jewellery on my folksy shop but last year put up a couple of cushions that I have taught myself how to sew.

2 Likes