Turning off old image service

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

As part of the final steps of migrating to our new image service, we wanted to let you know we’re going to be turning off access to the old image service from today.

This will allow us to spot any last images that still need to be migrated over to the new service.

As a reminder our new image service is faster, cheaper and more stable.

If you notice any image oddities, please to let us know in this thread and we’ll work on fixing them.

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hello,
Am i missing something?
Have I missed a vital nugget of info?
New image service?
Is there something I need to do?
Many thanks Suzzie

1 Like

Hey @thistledownandHOPE, there’s nothing you need to do, it’s all behind the scenes work.

If everything is working well for you regarding images then it’s working as intended :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what you are on about, but then I am not very up on these things. I’m now going to have my afternoon nap and hope the world makes more sense when I wake up. :sleepy:

4 Likes

@aaronfolksy Thank you. I just had to create a new listing to see what happened if I tweeted it. And yes it has appeared with a lovely big picture without my having to add one manually and I’ve scrolled down to pre the image changes and most of my old tweets seem to have regained their images. Joy xx

4 Likes

Phew! Thank you

That’s great to hear @JOYSofGLASS thanks for letting me know :blush:

1 Like

My shop is now showing the last pictures i now have a shop selling boxes is this going to be fixed @aaronfolksy

I spoke too soon… @aaronfolksy …now completely messed up across the site
I do hope that all of Folksy support have not gone on a jolly for the weekend because it they have i will have to close my shop as it looks a dreadful mess.

YEP!! Loads of image oddities!!! As Usual, just thought it was normal Folksy, it usually is !!!

1 Like

I’ve been on both your shops and can see everything OK, I have clicked on items and they seem to be OK. I realise it might be new items being added that’s the problem.

Whatever the problem was it iwas fixed or fixed itself overnight. It was site wide not just odd shops.i

Just to confirm that those image issues weren’t related to this change but I’m glad that everything is back in order now :slight_smile:

2 Likes