Twitter: Let's get some more followers (and some retweets!)

I have been posting daily on Twitter and have tried to retweet others’ posts daily by searching for them on the #folksy hashtag. I’m not sure there are that many of us though, which is a shame. I have been getting click throughs to my Folksy shop from Twitter on retweeted posts, but I’m sure it’s not being used to its full potential.
I was going to suggest that we post our Twitter handles here, follow each other, make at least one tweet a day using #folksy, so we can see search for and view/retweet them. It only takes a couple of minutes a day to retweet a few items and we will hopefully increase our following and get more sales.
What do people think? If you’re up for it, post your twitter handle here, I’ll follow you and retweet your posts whenever I can. I only ask that you do the same unto me and each other!
I’m @ChrisStoneArtist.

3 Likes

Following you Chris, must admit I am bad and forget twitter apart from when I tweet the daily listings from here.

@caroleecrafts

1 Like

Thanks @Caroleecrafts. Didn’t realise I wasn’t already following you, so put that right and done a few retweets.

2 Likes

The hashtag that comes up when tweeting directly from Folksy is #newonfolksy, so try searching for that rather than #folksy and you’ll probably find hundreds. I don’t have #folksy in any of my tweets, they are all #newonfolksy

2 Likes

Thanks Poppy @PoppyKayDesigns . You are right there are many more tweets under #newonfolksy but very few are being retweeted (apart from yours Poppy!). I tend to post directly on Twitter and add the photograph separately (bigger pic that way), then add my own hashtags. I will add #newonfolksy in future. Have followed you on Twitter btw.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

I’m usually on Twitter most days but not at the moment because my shop is closed for now but I’m happy to follow any folksy people and hopefully be back Tweety daily soon once my shop reopens.
I’m @Daisywings2 :slight_smile:

I’m already following you Chris and I’ve just popped over to follow @Caroleecrafts & @PoppyKayDesigns

3 Likes

Thanks Tina @DaisyWings

2 Likes

Although I have had Twitter a while, I am still getting used to using it. At the moment I only have 24 followers. I am already following you Chris and have just added @DaisyWings @Caroleecrafts @PoppyKayDesigns as well as a few others. I would love to have more followers. If anyone would like to follow me I am @hrnicholsonart

2 Likes

Have started following you @HRNicholsonart

3 Likes

@ChrisStoneArtist Hi Chris, just followed you, I’ll retweet some of your listings and going to follow everyone here :blush: my handle is @hannzach

3 Likes

Thanks @melaniebarnes, I have reciprocated.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sporadic on twitter, Usually post any new listings and I use #newonfolksy and also #folksy365. I’ll try to sort out those follows. My username is @mattspop.

3 Likes

Followed @thatenamelguy

2 Likes

Followed all the users above (was following some already)

2 Likes

Hi Chris,
I am following you and will aim to retweet and follow others, my twitter is @CeramicsSparkle. Great idea.

3 Likes

Hi Chris,

Great idea. My twitter is @KnotsTreasures. I’ll go through and add everyone on this thread :slight_smile:

vicky

3 Likes

I am now following everyone above. :grinning:

3 Likes

Now following you.

2 Likes

I think we’re following each other too, Chris @ChrisStoneArtist. My Twitter account is @CharmelLtd. Unfortunately not had the time to use Twitter as much as I used to, as have resurrected my Pinterest account since joining Folksy a few months ago and that takes up a lot of time now. But when I can, I will try to use more and do appreciate your suggestion. Will look for others on here too.

Paula :smile: x

2 Likes

We are following each other. Just retweeted some of your posts.

2 Likes