Unable to favourite other shops

When I click on the favourite tab of another shop I get this

Am I restricted because I’m a new user ?
Andy

Hi Andy. That is a bit odd - I don’t believe any restrictions are placed on new users, & I have just been able to favourite your shop so it’s not affecting me. Have you tried on a few different shops (just in case it’s an issue with one specific shop?)
There have been a few gremlins in the system recently, so you could also try clearing your cache to see if that fixes it!

Yes
The first time I tried i was returning the favour to a user that had favourited mine , but it happens with any shop I try and favourite

Andy

Try refreshing the page when you see the error message - sometimes its just a glitch and its done the favouriting but doesn’t want to show you the page yet when you refresh the page hey presto there it is.

Just tried it with you page , still the same and I have no shops in my favourites .

Andy

I’ve had this message recently when trying to favourite shops, but it just seemed to be a glitch. Worked when I tried again.

I’d go with @OrukiDesign’s suggestion, the first thing I would try is clearing cache and cookies. Sometimes when there have been little changes to the system, the cache can cause some odd issues.

If it’s still not working after that, send a message to support.

I cleared it when the problem first occured. I’ll open a ticket with support

Andy

It’s been like this for me for at least 5 years! I’ve had a couple of different computers in that time too. I use google chrome. Wonder if it would work for me in explorer…

ETA: Just tried it in safari and explorer and it works fine, so for me it’s something to do with chrome.

If you switch to incognito do you also have the problem?

There was someone who had this in the past and it seemed to be an issue with an extension installed on their browser (extensions don’t usually work in incognito mode).

1 Like

It works fine in incogneto! Must be an extension problem for me then! Thanks Kim.

I use brave browser , I have also tried it with firefox
Same thing with incognito mode and I also get it when using my phone browser which has no extensions installed
I’ve emailed support, its not really a big deal I’d just like to return the favour to those people that have favourited my shop

Andy

I had this the other day, annoying when you’re trying to return a favourite from someone.
Hopefully it works just doesn’t show it.