Using wanelo to promote your shop

Hi,
I was wondering if any one had any tips on using Wanelo to promote their shop? At the moment I am building up a list of ‘things I like’ featuring items from my shop and was going to use the ‘things I want’ to promote favourite items from other folksy members shops. Is there any more to it than that?
Thanks
Sasha

You can set up more sections I have a Christmas section for instance and a card and gift tag section etc etc

Wanelo is a place people go to find items on the net and shops. People use it like a search engine like google.
If they like your items/shop people will often start to follow you on there as well and like your items. If people like your items they show up closer to the top of the page for causal browsers. If someone starts to follow you then every time they log into their wanelo account they get notifications that you’ve posted up more items. It’s a bit like pinterst really but it’s aimed at shoppers really. Where as pinterst will interst shoppers but also just people looking for ideas often to make things.

I know I’ve sold one item via wanelo link as the lady sent me a nice email saying she’d found the items on wanelo and had never heard of folksy before. So that was nice.

1 Like

Thanks @EileensCraftStudio - I’m guessing then that the search function only goes through titles not descriptions for the item so that bit becomes key, is that correct? I’ve just had a look and one of the items I’ve posted has already picked up a couple of saves. Also is it predominately US users? I don’t currently have shipping rates set up for America but have shipped there on request.

USA and the rest of the world. My customer was from the UK who found my shop via Wanelo.

Yes that is correct so make sure your titles are correct simply copy the url for your item that shows on folksy.

oh and the more times your items are picked up seen, saved it ranks higher in a google search as well.

I have had a quick peek but cant find how to set it up …dawn

@worldofcards do a google search and one of the things that should pop up is join, click on that and set up an account (email, password, username) and it prompts you to pick a couple of people to follow. I’ve not been able to set up a shop wanelo account only a personal one so you would have to follow sasha.garrett67 to see my stuff. You can then get a +post to wanelo button to go on your browser toolbar and when you see something you like just click the button on your toolbar.
Sasha

1 Like

@SashaGarrett, how do I “follow” you on Wanelo? I have set up an account, but I can’t find an option to search for Specific people or to follow particular users - only to link to anyone I know on Facebook, or to search for products or “find people to follow”, which just gives me a rather hopeless list of shops/people that Wanelo wants me to see.

If I go to ‘my feed’ (top middle ish once logged in) there is a ‘find people to follow’ button. This takes you to a very long list with no apparent search function… (and I’m afraid I can’t tell you which page to skip forward to either). You might be able to find me by doing a search for ‘fordite cufflinks’ which should bring up a single item (which is mine!) - you can certainly click on the shopping bag icon with folksy next to it and then follow the folksy shop (which would include all the other folksy users who use Wanelo not just me).
Hope that helps - there are many things on there I’m still trying to get my head around.

1 Like

Thank you! Really useful.
:smile:

Excellent advice Eileen. Will explore Wanelo now…never heard of it before today, though knowing me I’ll need a few cracks at it to get it right, haha!!

@LizzieMade - found your felt journal (love the lining) on the wanelo folksy feed so gave you a save and it is currently top of pile when you search ‘felt journal’!

1 Like