Variations 2024

New to folksy, I have read with interest a lot of the comments on Folksy about variations.

Reading the Blog it has this info… “As most shops on Folksy sell unique, one-off products, variations have been designed to make it easier to offer bespoke products and personalisation, as well as additional services or extras that you, as independent designers and makers, can do brilliantly, but the High Street can’t – such hand-written gift tags, custom orders and personalised items.”…

That’s all very well if you’re producing say “one off silver necklaces”

BUT, many people produce many variations of the same item (e.g cards) or in my case bags of sari yarn.

On the other site I use (E–Y) I can list up to 60 variations of the same thing!!.

I want to list a bag of sari yarn and then sell 10 bags with different pictures labelled 1 to 10

Some of us want to list more than 1 item of the same thing, and have stock control, so if I item is sold, the listing sorts itself out without any input from us.
E.g 10 red, 10 green socks? sell I red one, listing changes to 9 red 10 green.

Any change of this happening, FOLKSY ADMINS??

I would not hold your breath :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

This has already been asked for and you can vote on this…

3 Likes

[Deleted User] commented · September 08, 2020 17:06 · Report

This would be incredibly useful - please, folksy, can you implement this?

That request has been there for at least 3.5 years. This user obviously gave up as they left :rofl: :rofl:

I just tried to vote but its asking me to log in and it wont accept my details :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

It’s a different sign-on. Not Folksy. Had same problem myself a couple of months ago. You can sign in via FB I think.

Thank you for that. :roll_eyes:

This would help me so much! To be able to offer for example a set of herb markers - buyer chooses which ones they want using a drop down, but would know if any are out of stock etc. Doing this manually could result in buyers paying for out of stock items. :crazy_face: :thinking:
You can’t even offer a discount just for products in one shop collection :cry:

This would help me a lot - for example I could offer a personalised item in different sizes and not be constantly worrying whether a particular size was out of stock - at the moment my only option would be to have a separate listing for each size. I’ve seen this on other platforms so it must be possible to program it somehow!

1 Like