Variations are here! Whoop Whoop!

You’ll never guess what… variations are now live on Folksy. We’ve just enabled them for all shops and listings on Folksy. Hurray!

We’ve made a little film about showing how to add them to your products and the different options available (please ignore all my “errs” and “umms”). You can watch it here in this blog post, which also has extra hints and tips. We’d really recommend watching the video and reading the article before heading to your shops to add and play.

We really hope you enjoy using them and that they do what you need. We haven’t been able to implement everything everyone wanted but we’ve tried our best to make the feature as useful and as adaptable as possible. We will be making tweaks (such as being able to edit them from your seller dashboard) but wanted to get it out to you all as soon as possible, so you can get listing and adding the options you need before the Christmas season starts.

Let us know what you think!

11 Likes

I have added quite a few yesterday and fundamentally it’s working but I have sent a few email yesterday with some areas that could do with clarification/finessing. No response yet from you guys I wondered if you’d seen my comments , Thanks

How exciting! Thank you Folksy for all the hard work you’ve done on this.

1 Like

Thanks Dawn! We have seen your feedback and it’s all been passed to the team for discussion, and some changes have already been made based on your suggestions. Keep them coming!! (Just responded to your message in the Folksy Clubhouse too!)

1 Like

Camilla

Just set it up on this listing https://folksy.com/items/7187468--Angel-HeartWing-Fused-Glass-Hanging-Decoration-
and being an ex-IT person was unable to resist trying it. Signed out and ordered two as a guest, one red, one pink. Excellent. The colour choices show everywhere including on the email to me as a buyer and me as a seller. I hit the trouble paying button as I didn’t want to actually buy them.

Only One problem…
I signed in again and went to cancel the order.
I have 6 angels and I ordered 2. When I cancelled the order I found I had won one, now have 7 !

(I’ll leave the extra one there for the minute so Doug can see it and can send him the emails if he needs them)

PS just received my email to say my order as a customer has been cancelled. It is rather unspecific and says :slight_smile:
" Hi Valerie Salt,

This is an automated notification email to let you know that the following order on folksy.com has been cancelled by the seller.

Your order

Item Price Quantity Note To Seller

£0.00
£0.00

The item(s) were ordered on 16 October, 2018 from:"

2 Likes

Am I being really dim? There is no price box next to the first option.

EDIT: I see now that the first option is the one listed, but I think for clarity it would be good to have the price repeated within the options menu.

HI Camilla thanks! I have responded to your Folksy Clubhouse - I think that particular issue I raised wants looking into a bit more ? ta!

Good catch! Cheers for that @JOYSofGLASS!
I’ve just deployed a fix for that – thanks so much for spotting it and letting us know!

2 Likes

Thanks @WittyDawn – we’re having a bit of a chat about it in an email thread as we speak!
We wanted the popup to be as simple as possible with as little to distract the buyer as possible.
However we are looking at your concern about maybe needing a little more context for the buyer.
Thanks very much for feeding back to us!

1 Like

No problem Doug :slight_smile:

@Camilla and @Doug that is a fabulous add, love it, thank you x

2 Likes

Adding variations to all my mini canvases now and it’s working very well… I just wish there was a way to save a template because I’m having to write out exactly the same options for each one. I’m glad I only have 1 variation on a few of my items, because I guess this could take hours of repetitive editing for some shops.

So. if you ‘copy’ a listing which already has the variations added to it, does it also copy all the variations? @dougfolksy

Hi. It looks great except for the ‘personalise your order’ where they choose their options. I am selling different size prints not personalised ones. I know that within the options you can write choose size or whatever it is you are offering but is there a more generic term that could be used that applies to everything, just ‘Your Order’ for example.
Maybe it’s just me in which case apologies!

I tried that , worked fine :+1:

1 Like

Agree; loving the variations, but a template option would be a really useful update.

Good to know - that will definitely be helpful for future listings! :slight_smile:

Ah I see what you’re looking at now, Lisa - the header for the pop-up. Sorry for being slow. We’ll change it to say “Choose your options”. Thanks for feedback!

That is so brilliant, thank you. I already have lots of posts which are ‘framed’ and ‘unframed’ is it ok to leave those as they are and start with the new system on my next post ? Thanks this will save so much time, Judith at InkWell