👋 Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hello, welcome. I’ve not been on folksy long but it seems a good place to be. Best of luck. Karen

1 Like

Hello Carol. I’m so jealous you live near the sea :ocean: and have access to all that sea glass. Best of luck on here. Karen

Thanks for your welcome Karen. Yes indeed I am lucky - all that fresh air!

1 Like

I have just seen your view Karen. You are lucky too - all that greenness!

1 Like

Oh yes I am lucky, but there is something about the sea :ocean:

1 Like

Hello! I’m new here - just finished uploading all my wares to my Folksy shop and awaiting my first sale :smiley: I’m aware there is lots of networking to be done, so here we go!

I’m a self-taught pyrographer, (wood burner) on the autism spectrum. I recently had to give up full-time work due to this and debilitating anxiety and depression. Pyrography really helps me to relax and temporarily forget the grizzly feelings. I’m hoping to make it into at least a part time business, but let’s see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, Karen! :smiley:

2 Likes

Creative pursuits are so relaxing and healing, aren’t they? I wish you all the best with your shop. Your items are lovely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I’m certainly finding that :slight_smile:

Hi all you lovely crafters,
I’m Ivon from CamandDoot https://folksy.com/shops/CamandDoot and am based in Wales. I’m returning after a few years break, previously selling bags and cases but am now slowly stocking the shop with some original pen drawings.
Just wanted to say hi and look forward to being part of Folksy again.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, just opened my shop today after weeks of ‘it’s on my to-do list’! I have no clue about pricing, so any advice would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hello All
Brand new to Folksy and just getting the store stocked up with a few items ready for Christmas.
We make Fused Glass Goodies, including Jewellery, Flatware, Hangers and mount some of teh smaller pieces on cards to use as Greeting Cards.
We have attended all sorts of crafting workshops over the years, and never ceased to be amazed at the creativity and expertise that people have - some of it shows itself in your on-line stores - thank you.
We are based in a home studio in Shropshire - just a hobby that’s growing, but might become something more.
Can’t wait to see how things progress here.
Thanks for reading - all the best

1 Like

Hi All, Happy Friday to you. I’m Rebekah of www.rebekahannjewellery.co.uk I’m currently on the look out for new places to sell my work. Folksy looks great. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice?

Thank you so very much.
Warm regards
Rebekah Ann

Hi I’m Katy - I make clothes from pre-loved and vinatge fabrics and use fabric art to embellish jackets. And I’m a bit eco/green/ethical if I can mange it

I love making little dresses from embroidered tablecloths and have just started making little dungarees too (after my bigger ones were successful)

I get tapestries and embroidered pictures from charity shops and use them to embellish jackets - I adore buttons and collect them (but have to be persuaded to use them) and I’m always on the look out for pre-loved haberdashery!

I buy new thread and new poppers but everything else is unused stash from people, charity shops, markets and freecycle.

I use an electric bike to do my shopping and I have solar panels so that and my sewing machine tend to be solar powered but I don’t feel guilty when I can’t manage to be as good as I try to be

I have only been doing this for a few months and I did a fashion show this week showcasing pre-loved vintage and remade clothing & I showed a wedding dress my daughter challenged me to make for a wedding show she wanted to go to.

My photos are pretty poor - I’m working on it & I occasionally get to use my daughter as a model (which makes them better) and she sometimes steals my makes

Hello to everyone - I think I have a lot of reading to do!

1 Like

Hi everyone. How are you? I have just joined Folksy and so far I am loving it. So clean and easy to navigate.
I just have to say you are ALL so talented! :heart:

1 Like

Hello dear all.

My name is Martine and I‘m one half of A Feathered Dog Designs.

We opened our Folksy shop only recently and are still finding our way around everything here.

I‘m a self-taught artist. I‘ve started to draw and paint at the beginning of 2016 and I‘m constantly exploring and trying out techniques and colour combinations. I‘m responsible for everything paper or paint related in our shop. I‘m also the public relations person in our team.

Stéphanie is the yarn and fabric woman at A Feathered Dog Designs. She’s quite a knitting addict but also likes to sew and crochet.

We discovered Folksy last year on social media and we totally support this great project of showcasing the super talented community of independent makers and creators.

2 Likes

Hi I am Zoe and I’ve had a Folksy shop for a while, but not done much with it so I’m now back and slowly getting it stocked up again. I make fabric bags, purses and accessories. I use a mixture of new and up cycled or remnant fabrics and try to make my items both useful and pretty! I am looking forward to being part of the Folksy gang again!

Hello. New to Folksy. Just found this forum. I am a bookbinder and an artist, retired and still a student (with Open University). I have been making books for a while now, mostly selling to friends but now trying to sell a few via Folksy as people keep asking if I have a website.

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m new to Folksy. It’s a bit scary at the moment and I do hope that I’ve posted in the correct place.
I’m really looking forward to learning all about selling on Folksy and it would be good to make new friends too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi delighted to join this supportive community. I’ve just made my first sale which is encouraging but wondered if there’s a way we can help promote each other?
Seasons greetings!
Lynne