šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hi Everyone,

Iā€™m Susan and I once found a programme to make art from fractal maths. Lately, Iā€™ve been putting in some obsessional serious effort and coming up with all kinds of cool (to me) abstracts. At some point, I asked the programme to ā€œdrawā€ the art as line art, and the results were occasionally stunning.

During lockdown, I made several b&w renders and donated them to a local mental health charity as colouring pages. They seemed to go over well so I started a little Folksy shop with printables. There are plenty of fantastic colouring pages out there, but I like to think to mine are different from the norm. Not sure if Iā€™ll sell any but am certainly enjoying the experience of being an ā€œartistā€.

If you are kind/curious enough to look at my shop, any feedback is more than welcome.

Susan

2 Likes

Tried to do it Alexandraā€¦ Instagram rejected me!!

1 Like

Did they say why they rejected the shop? It is possible one of the conditions wasnā€™t met. :hugs:

It said ā€œEstablished presence neededā€

Oh Iā€™m not sureā€¦Iā€™m guessing it could be the fact that you donā€™t have 100 followers yet? After you reach 100 followers you get access to Insights as well so that could be the case in this instance.

2 Likes

You are right: that is probably it!

Hi, Iā€™m Leah
Iā€™m passionate about my business and this is my second year trading.

I make candles, was melts and other scented home products.

I love making new products and always have idea to be that little bit more #ecofriendly and #crueltyfree Iā€™m also a busy mum and never seem to get that work/home life balance right :raising_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

Hello,

Iā€™m Claire and Iā€™m fairly new to selling. I wanted to do this a few years ago but chickened out. With lockdown and furlough, Iā€™ve had a lot of time on my hands, and it was perfect to dedicate to my hobby properly, and give myself that chance to sell.

Started listing this month so pretty nervous, and just sitting in that dead space, waiting for that first person to buy that first product.

I make jewellery, and Iā€™ve recently finished a beginners silversmithing course, so Iā€™m trying out some new techniques and but Iā€™ll alway have a soft spot for the beading techniques I started with. I love the feeling when youā€™ve created something beautiful.

Canā€™t wait for this next chapter to get some traction, but Iā€™m enjoying the process.

Happy crafting everyone!

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™m a Folksy newbie but Iā€™ve been working as an artist and illustrator in beautiful Cornwall for the last 28 years. Iā€™ve never used a forum anywhere before so, I hope Iā€™m doing this right, a tutorial late last night with a ā€œDisco botā€ helped somewhat!

Lou :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!
I am brand new to Folksy, Iā€™ve just opened up my shop today.
I supply haberdashery items and craft bundles.
I look forward to meeting you all.
DASH. :sunny:

4 Likes

Welcome Dash. I have followed you on Instagram.
SallyAnn

2 Likes

Yay! My first follower, thank you SallyAnn :slight_smile:
DASH.

2 Likes

Welcome to Folksy! Wishing you lots of success with your shop Dash :slightly_smiling_face: One can never have too many beads :blush: Liked and followed on Instagram.

2 Likes

Welcome! :grinning: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you The Lilac Charm :smile: No you can never have enough beads! :laughing:

Hi, my name is Keri and I opened my Artful Soul Designs shop on here about one week ago. Iā€™ve had one sale on here which was actually generated by Instagram link. I make paper wire and paper sculptures/ornaments. Iā€™ve found the Folksy experience ok so far, my only problem seems to be the quality of my photographs. My photos look great on my laptop before and after I tweak them, but as soon as I upload them to my shop they seem blurred and unclear. Iā€™ve tried lots of tips and changed camera but am still having problems.
Anyway, its a learning process. I look forward to exploring lots of other shops on here.
Have a great day
Keri

1 Like

Folksy are tinkering with this to try and sort the issue. If you check out this thread, Doug explainsā€¦

Hello, my name is Anne,
after putting it off for ages, I have finally set up a shop page. I love making things, at the moment I am focusing on Kindle covers and sunglasses/phone covers. I also have a thing about tea cosies, as I made one for my little 2 cup teapot and sell some locally, but not listed any as yet.

I am sure it will get easier, as it takes me ages to list stuff, not good at the blurb bitā€¦very good at procrastinating. No sales as of yet, people seem to have looked. Should I post each listing on my Facebook page?

Any help would be appreciated, also I have managed to like my own page accidentally, not sure how to undo thatā€¦

Thanks
Anne

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Alison Mcdonagh and Iā€™ve just joined Folksy and I love the craft fair vibe! I have been a painter and done paper collage for years but now I use a sewing machine to recycle fabric, joining bits together with paint and thread to make book covers, cushion covers, bags and pictures. I live near Lewes in Sussex and looking forward to meeting lots of other artists!

2 Likes

Lovely shop Alison, and I have followed you on Pinterest. Your Instagram link isnā€™t working though. Anyway, welcome to Folksyā€¦ SallyAnn xxx

1 Like