šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hello everyone,

I felt it would be a good move to join the forum & connect with all the wonderful artists & crafts people at Folksy. My shop , Pegasus Crafts, has been running for a good while, but I am yet to sell anything - however, Iā€™m not going to give up! Iā€™m trying to work on my photos as they could do with some improvements. I am a self taught artist & I have studied art therapy, which is an on going project :slight_smile: Some of my work is influenced by the Greek Islands, & watercolour is my favourite medium.

Wishing you all the best with your creations,
Rachel x

2 Likes

I really love you work, its very natural and calming. Your shop looks great, my son and I run our shop and its taken a while for us also. We have joined pintrest and Instagram during the lockdown, its a lot of work! We are just looking to extent our online presence. Good Luck!
Karen x

2 Likes

Oh thanks so much Karenā€¦itā€™s really great to get an experienced crafterā€™s feedback! Thatā€™s great youā€™ve got onto Pinterest & Instagram - Iā€™m on Pinterest & have a blogging site also which Iā€™ve put a link to on my About page. As you say itā€™s hard work setting up a lot of these things - I am sure it will be worth it in the long term! Your shop is fantastic - so much skill must have gone into everything. I absolutely love the bird boxes. Good luck to you too Karen & thank you againā€¦

Rachel x

1 Like

Hello my name is Jackie & I live in Hampshire.

I have had my shop Adeleā€™s Craft Creations for a couple of months now but Iā€™m still waiting for my first sale.

I have never used a forum before so I am completely new to this, this is my first post so I hope Iā€™m doing it right?

Iā€™m looking forward to reading & commenting on some of the threads that are listed in the forum (I just have to work out how lol)

1 Like

Hi everyone ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ so glad to have found you! computers really arenā€™t my strong point lol.

Wonky Cow Crafts is my first online venture and I confess to being somewhat overwhelmed!

I am from the beautiful Isle of Wight and even more lucky to live right on the coast which gives me easy access to the pebbles, sea glass and driftwood I use to make my pictures.

Can I ask a question please ā€¦ā€¦. although I have made a few sales to friends I havenā€™t yet sold anything to ā€˜the publicā€™ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ or am I just being incredibly impatient!!

Would somebody please be kind enough to take a look at my shop, I would really value any feedback. Many thanks.

Iā€™m off to have a look around the forums now ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ gosh, hope I donā€™t get lost, I really am not that good with ICT

1 Like

Hello everyone, Iā€™m new to the forums. Been on Folksy for a few months now and love it. So much nicer than ā€œotherā€ places.

I feel like Iā€™ve been relying far too much on face to face and obviously, with the current situation, that is going to be more difficult, so I want to up my game with my shop and learn more about how to get the best out of online, and build community with people online as I really miss meeting up with maker friends at shows once a month.

Lovely to ā€œmeetā€ you all and looking forward to taking part in this lovely community,

Clara

1 Like

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say hello as this is my first time on here. Having opened my shop in 2018, it is only now that I have been able to dedicate time to my projects and Iā€™m loving it. I had my first sale last week and got a great review which was a bonus. Iā€™m back on the sewing machine again tomorrow and have autumn crochet stock ready for later in the year. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thankyou for reading my first post on the folksy forum.
Stay safe everyone
Sadie
SadesCreations

Hi everyone
I set up my shop EarthStorm a while ago but have just plucked up courage to list a few things as this style of jewellery is different to the designs I sell in my other shop SteampunkStorm.

I have always had a fascination for geology and archaeology for that matter. The wonderful array of natural gemstones that have been formed over millions of years is amazing. Beautiful creations of our Earth from land and sea.

Turning these ā€œgemsā€ into one of a kind wearable items is a joy.

I have been on Folksy for over a decade and love the warm family feeling that the site offers which has always stopped me from going anywhere else. Please pop over and have a look x

I am looking forward to stocking up my shop

Ingrid

2 Likes

Just joined Folksy! CALLYWIX -

Wax with a twist. Hand painted candles, scentsational melts and some new Cornish beach candles.

Good morning all

I just thought that I should say a quick hi,

Been new here and not at the moment had any orders for my page, am I doing something wrong?

Please be as critical as you want, all feedback is positive.

Regards

CYC For life

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™m new to Folksy, in fact I hadnā€™t even heard about it until recently!

My shop is Le Cheval Fou

Anywayā€¦ I am a graphic designer by trade but have always wanted to create my own printed products to sell. At the beginning of the year the planets aligned and it felt like the right time to dive in and get going. Then Covid struck and things have been a bit strange since BUT, I am eager to make a success of this. As I mentioned, this has been something Iā€™ve wanted to do for the longest time (the name Le Cheval Fou has been in my head for 14 years) so Iā€™m going to give this all I can.

I make (and hope to sell) original art, prints, greetings cards, postcards and much more once the finances start heading in the right direction.

I look forward to checking out some of your stores.

Maria
x

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

I have actually had my shop on Folksy since 2015!
Its called @Pippisilver named after my little dog Pippi and my love of designing and making silver jewellery. This is my first post as I am quite shy when it comes to social media but have a bit more time now to spend some time in the forums and focus on my little enterprise.

You are all such a talented bunch and I have spent many happy hour looking and buying gifts for my friends and family on Folksy. There is nothing better than receiving a handmade, homemade original is there.

Stay safe and creative in these strange timesā€¦

Rachael x

5 Likes

Hi! Although I set up my Folksy shop some years ago, itā€™s been dormant for most of the time so now I feel like a brand new seller and just feeling my way, now Iā€™ve stocked my shop again, thanks to time on my hands with lockdown!
I make silver and semi-precious stone jewellery and hereā€™s the link to my shop https://folksy.com/shops/SilverNomad
Thanks for looking and Iā€™ll carry on investigating the Forums - a bit of a learning curve!

3 Likes

Hi :wave:

Iā€™m new to Folksy - and just want to say HI! Iā€™m a bit overwhelmed at the moment (gulp) but would love to get involved with this creative communityā€¦

I make Mini Lampshade Fairy Lights from upcycled taster glasses, and other fabric-y bits and bobs. Any advice/tips on how to get going and get seen would be highly appreciated - Iā€™m new to online selling. I was going to build my own website (whaaaaaaat!) then after a few fruitless days of trying, I decided to find a pre-exisitng online shopā€¦and Folksy looked like the nicest community and ethos. I sell my wares in two physical emporiums and figure this is like an online version of the same! Collective power!!

Anyway - glad to be on board - going to have a little shout out on social media tomorrow now I have some stuff in my shop (got really excited as sold a set of my lights literally minutes after listing the very first one, before Iā€™d even started listing the 2nd itemā€¦but fluke - as nothing since!! :joy: :rofl:)

Hope to find some fellow Folksy friends soon :slight_smile:

Cheers -
Jen @ All-Agog

4 Likes

Hello everyone!
I have had a Folksy shop called LovedandRolled for a couple of years now but this is my first venture into the Forums (Thank you Brenda @teabreaks for encouraging me to do so)
I make jewellery out of hand rolled paper beads and sell it in aid of the St Wildfridā€™s Centre for vulnerable adults
I try to use recycled items as much as possible, not just the paper, but also the bead caps, separators and any other beads used to complement the piece I am makingā€¦Except findings/ear hooks, of course.
I am a bit social media naive but my daughter just helped me link my shop to Facebook and Instagram, so fingers crossed that I get the hang of it soon - Any tips on how to sell on Instagram would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Debbie and set up my shop last week. I make hand made cards. I would love you to have a look around and give some feedback and any advice would be welcome. I will be adding more stock over the next few days/week ( I have a few ) :slight_smile: Socially Iā€™m on instagram/facebook and pintrest and have a blog. I am not very good a self promotion and I know I need to get over that fear to promote my shop. I read somewhere that it is better to focus on one social media platform rather than spread over all of them weakly? I am not sure best practice to promote folksy. My facebook page is only new but I am established on instagram but mainly other crafters. Not sure how to drum up traffic to Folksy?

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:

Iā€™m Alexandra from The Paper Kaleidoscope. Iā€™m an artist and photographer based in Manchester.
I design and make jewellery using only paper and glue (only earrings at the moment, but more to come :star_struck:).
I get my inspiration from everyday objects, nature, architecture, my perspective on the world or friends.
I launched my shop at the end of April and had a couple of sales so far, which is great, but I want to expand more and hopefully (in a couple of years probably) expand into prints or other categories (like home). Thatā€™s my vision at the moment :blush:
I hope youā€™ll find something to inspire you in my shop, all feedback is welcome. Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi there and welcome! I love your shop, I followed you on Instagram :wave:

If you want to sell on Instagram a quick way to do it is to set up your shop there as well (through Facebook business) so when you post you can tag your products as well. Itā€™s really easy and free.

Love your concept!

Cheers, Alexandra

Ah, what a lovely message!
Thank you so so much Alexandra. Truly appreciate it.
Shall try and set it up. Thanks for the tip
Take care

Nevyne

2 Likes

Welcome Debbie. You have lovely cards. I have just returned to Folksy after quite a long absence doing other things, but I have to restart the traffic to my folksy shop again. I have just been adding the widgets to my posts on FB where I have a FB page for other things I showcase. I am still at the process of adding to my stock so Iā€™m not doing too much promotion. It can be a slow process but you will get there Iā€™m sure. Good luck!

3 Likes