Folksy Ltd

What absent-minded things have you done? :)

(Christine E.) #1

I just realised I’ve hand-washed two jumpers in fabric conditioner instead of wool and silk concentrate :frowning: I only twigged when I was about to rinse and spin and looked for the fabric conditioner…
What silly things have you done when your mind was elsewhere? :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Eileens Craft Studio) #2

Asked DH to help hang out the washing but said, “it’s all still in the fridge” instead of washing machine. :blush:

Did that at the weekend.

3 Likes
(Christine E.) #3

I once steamed vegetables for a meal then found they weren’t cooked at all because I’d left the double boiler between the steamer and the water :open_mouth:

3 Likes
(Donna) #4

Oh god there are so many! I am forever trying to change the channel with my phone, usually because I’ve put the remote control away in the fridge. I’ve done loads of washing with no powder or fabric softener in the machine. Oh and I once blew the electric kettle up by putting it on the hob :expressionless:

4 Likes
(Sasha Garrett) #5

I made a batch of beetroot chutney recently and when we tried it we’re not sure if I put the sugar in or not or perhaps I got the maths wrong and put the wrong amount in, still edible but quite tart, we’ll have to see how it matures…

3 Likes
(James Alden) #6

Spent ages on a claw setting,put it down and…

4 Likes
(Marg) #7

When I was working I asked my friend if the tea bags she wanted me to try were Gluten Free (I’m coeliac). We had such a laugh, it kept us going for weeks. It’s good when you can laugh at yourself.

3 Likes
(Susan Bonnar) #8

I once sold an album on here and photographed it before packaging up. To make the cover stand up a bit for the photo I popped a tiny pair of Teletubbies socks (clean) under the cover. About an hour after posting I realised I hadn’t taken them out!! They never mentioned it!!

6 Likes
(Rhiannon Rose) #9

I put my cheque book in the freezer once (back in the days when I had a cheque book!)

4 Likes
(Samantha Stanley) #10

I know I’ve done loads of absent minded things…but I can’t remember any of them :neutral_face:

Sam x

4 Likes
(Brenda Cumming) #11

three times today I have been going to comment on her but kept getting side tracked and forgot…I rest my case.

3 Likes
(HAPPYCAPS) #12

I once used hairspray as deodorant and had rather sticky armpits!

4 Likes
(Michelle Lobb) #13

I recently drove for 3 miles to work before remembering I had a meeting at the other end of the county!!

3 Likes
(Suzzie Godfrey) #14

Put the milk in the tea pot, and not in the cups, obviously before the hot water, lid and cosie,
Suzzie x

1 Like