Ever feel like you're losing the plot?

I’ve just spent 10minutes questioning my own sanity.

I was convinced I’d printed off my delivery note ealier and put it onto the table while I packed up the customers item.

But for hair nor hide could I find that Delivery Note.

Maybe I didn’t print it after all, maybe I’m imaging things :open_mouth:

So I give in and print another only to find my colour ink is starting to run out so my banner across the top of the Delivery Note has a pinkish colour to it. Oh well that can’t be helped for today as I’ve checked the draw and no more colour ink cartridges left.

Next I think I’m hearing strange noises but thankfully the dog thought the same.

We go off to investigate only to find next doors cat has got in and has my original Delivery Note and is playing with it on my conservatory floor :laughing:

13 Likes

Glad to hear you’re not really going mad Eileen! :smile:

I often feel Im losing the plot particularly when i keep getting numerous phone calls telling me I have been involved in a car accident that I have no recollection of!..must have been while I was working in that noisy factory that I don’t remember either!

4 Likes

Thanks Pauline :smile:
Well I think I’d like to go back to bed and restart this day.

My laptop just had a wobberly. I left it plugged in and on with the lid closed while I answered the phone.

Came back and opened the lid and the silly thing wouldn’t do anything couldn’t even turn it off.

For some strange reason the battery in it has moved slightly. Finally managed to reseat it and now it’s fine again.

But it didn’t end there I wanted to take more photo’s for my Christmas garland only neither camera’s wanted to play ball.

Sorted both out seems all the setting had been altered :open_mouth:

I think I have Gremlins

*runs around in headless chicken mode" :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m having a “senior moment” this morning. Looking for a large folder which I keep my family history in, its big, because it holds certificates. I thought it was in my wardrobe, no it’s not there, but I think I shifted it, so looked under the bed, no it’s not there. I don’t know where I have put it. So now I am going to look again in the places where I think it was.
I’m sure I haven’t got gremlins, but fairies could be the answer. Marg. x

1 Like

Marg@memicrafts

I know the feeling and I’m glad it’s not just me

Strength in numbers :smile:

Well it is Monday! Lol! xx

Those Gremlins! Nothing can be done when they’ve decided it’s YOUR turn today.

My nutty-as-a-fruitcake old Latin mistress used to call them poltergheists and claimed she knew exactly how to deal with them. Apparently you have to turn your back on them (!) and declare in a loud voice “That is MY (insert object here) that you have taken, and I need it - put it back right away!”

She swore it worked every time. LOL

Julie

3 Likes

We had a jam problem.

The shredder jammed up and spewed paper all over the floorr so Bob went to sort it out. Then the phone rang, fortunately, as when I reached for it I found that the laminator which was just making some labels for me, had eaten my labels and was in the process of turning them into an accordian.
My stepdaughter was surprised by a loud shriek when I managed to get my hands on the phone.

oh my it sure is a gremlin infested Monday :open_mouth:

I blame it on the weather. It’s awful here. Kind Bob, despairing of the shredder which he has failed to fix (but he does accept responsibility as he put too much in)… went to the Post Office for me.
So not all bad …and he is a lovely Bob as well. :slight_smile:

haha you all make me feel delightfully ‘normal’! This morning I went to Pilates… with my t-shirt on inside out - and nobody told me! I’m hoping it meant no one noticed.
I had a dreadful time last week with my iPad. I have an alarm set for 10pm every night to remind me to take my pills. It went off while I was on the phone and I tried to swipe it off but it didn’t go off. I was on the phone and the ipad was trilling away and I could not get it to turn off. I went and deleted the alarm setting and it still didn’t go off. Eventually after I got off the phone I had to shut the ipad down completely to stop it. It’s behaving itself now but it was really annoying!

I lost the plot years ago…!!

2 Likes

Pam, I had my top on inside out twice last week, that means I must have put them away inside out, at least I hadn’t ventured outside, (note to self, make sure you get dressed properly each morning). Marg. x

1 Like

You are all making me smile this morning Thank you :smile:

I’m pleased to see I’m not the only one who’s put their top on inside out before :blush:

I have the t-shirt and special award for just about everything you have mentioned in this thread so far. As a child, I always maintained that ‘inside out’ was warmer, so that I didn’t have to get changed again! I often go to the fridge and find the salt and pepper in the fridge door. Then I have to think what is now in the cupboard that should be in the fridge and how long ago did I put it there! Not so good when it is the milk!

Jacqueline x

1 Like

Heavens above, my senior moments seem to be on the increase too! I’m going through a phase of not being able to find things I know I put blah blah…
My oft-used excuse now is that since our daughter and her man moved in with us (2+ years ago) everywhere appears to be over-stuffed with, well, stuff. What I’m looking for isn’t usually important but it’s a s frustrating as wotsits because I’m an organised person at heart and hate these episodes. Frustration/grumpiness ensues. Especially when it’s something I only put down 30 seconds ago.

There’s a plot?

2 Likes

you are not alone…

Pens and pencils go missing in our house. Even those you were using only moments before. You get so fed up that you buy more, then go and find a box full of pens in a really obvious place, right under your nose - how does this happen???