What do you do with all your fabric scraps?

My fingers used to bleed! Barbie never complained though - even if the fit under the arm might have been less than great.

1 Like

Keep them in a draw I don’t really use them much which I should. When the draw overflows I have a sort out until next time haha

1 Like

I have a tin of smaller scraps and when it’s full I then start using them up until the tin is empty again.

1 Like

Making earrings! https://folksy.com/shops/stitchcity/collections/153761

Some great ideas here for using up little bits!

I used embroidery floss ends to make this card: it would probably work with fabric scraps, too.

I, too, have mounds of little scraps. I keep them in large cylindrical glass vases so that I can see what’s there and use it up first before digging into the bigger pieces. I made a lap quilt with lots of little pieces in a bid to diminish my stash. It helped a bit!:-

http://folksy.com/items/6205071-Stripy-Rail-Fence-Quilt-Multi-Coloured-Rainbow-Patchwork-Lap-Quilt-Throw

1 Like

You can also trap the fabric scraps between 2 layers of dissolvable fabric and free machine stitch over them before washing away the dissolvable stuff. It makes an interesting new fabric :smile:

1 Like

Well I’ve been at this a while with mine.

This one is a couple of weeks in the making, I’m cheating a bit and using biggish (1.5in) hexies but each flower only uses about 10 x 50cm so it’s great for all those skiffy wee leftover strips of this and that.

I’m planning a couple of pillow cases with the tiddlier bits and the really eeny weeny scraps go in the cage for the birdies to use for nesting:)

1 Like

Since writing earlier in the week about my scraps of materials and what i do with them - what can i do with larger sizes. My friend is a curtain maker and has just given me 3 bin bags of curtain and upholstery fabric. Some pieces are quite large and i am having a creative blank moment :smile:

If you use cross stitch needles - they’re blunt - that’s how I do minature knitwear for my bears! You do need patience though either way!