Recycled and Ethical Makes

Surprisingly, I needed to create this topic, although I know that most of us try to be as ethical as possible. Add some things below and I will promote the first few as I normally promote the listing above mine on Pinterest.

Here is my first offering, a pendant featuring beautiful spotty Dalmatian Jasper stones recycled from a vintage necklace.

Sam x

3 Likes

Great thread :slight_smile:
Here’s one of my cards made from 100% recycled card and envelope.

3 Likes

A patchwork baby throw blanket made from all the left over scraps of fabric that I’ve accumulated.

3 Likes

Made from upcycled linen taken from my father-in-law’s old trousers!

3 Likes

The purple drop in this pendant was a bowling ball in a previous life

9 Likes

Most of my patchwork items like these table mats and Xmas decorations are made from fabric scraps that are off cuts and not big enough to be used on their own.

1 Like

All my sewn items are done either by hand or on a hand cracked sewing machine. So less energy used.

Some of my items included recycled materials, just as fabric, and beads.

These little button are made from coconut shell, which is waste product from the coconuts.

2 Likes

Created from recycled card, paper, beads

2 Likes

Patchwork sewing needle case contains some recycled fabric pieces

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is fantastic! I love that it used to be a bowling ball!

2 Likes

Created fabric from recycled threads and tiny fabric scraps. Even the bead was made from recycled bottle glass.

3 Likes

Made from an upcycled unworn retro style dress I owned .

3 Likes

The forgotten corner of a once loved but otherwise thread bare tablecloth was used to make this sweet hand embroidered bag.

3 Likes

I love upcycling, I have quite few items in my shop, this one is made from three silk gents neck ties and the fabric from a 1970’s shirt, for a shirt and tie combo to make this handbag.

Natalie x

2 Likes

These lovely purses were created from a good quality tweed riding jacket with a ripped sleeve. A handbag is also being made from the same fabric.

3 Likes

An upcycled 1960s suitcase.

4 Likes

The matching earrings to the pendant, with dalmatian jasper upcycled from a vintage necklace.

Sam x

1 Like

I find my father in laws jeans are rather handy for recycled denim :blush:

2 Likes

This is a lovely thread. I really enjoy making something new from something old and it’s a great excuse to scour the charity shops. This peg bag is made from a recycled curtain in vintage Laura Ashley fabric

3 Likes