What does it mean when

What does it mean when a shop becomes Anon***? I used to think that it meant that a shop had been closed for ages and got archived or something, but I bought something from a shop just a few weeks ago and it’s now become an Anon.

Can anyone satisfy my curiosity?

I maybe wrong but think when a shop is set up and the designed by bit has not been filled in with a name or brand.

I always thought it was when someone deleted their shop, rather than it just sitting empty.

My understanding is that Anon means they no longer have an account on Folksy. Either a shop which has now gone, or someone who only bought from Folksy but has deleted their account for some reason.

I thought the same Kim, in the past I have looked for shops via my purchases with an interest to buy something else and the shop name has Anon next to my previous purchase so I think perhaps when a shop has left altogether so their shop is no longer in existence on Folksy.

1 Like