What else are you doing whilst making things?

I was so intrigued by ‘marbling bath’, I had to go and look at your shop - wow! I hope you have lots of success with your hanging decorations this Christmas, they’re definitely one-off lovelies :slightly_smiling_face:

:rofl: All calls should be answered like that!
Yes, the burning process is slow but that’s just because I like a strong dark/light contrast. It’s my own fault, it’d be a lot quicker if I drew outlines instead!

1 Like

Aww thank you! I was admiring your lovely pyrography things the other day, especially the lovely honeysuckle and daisy trays - they must take you ages!

2 Likes

I listen to Radio 4 - always something interesting on there to listen to while I’m sewing.

1 Like

Me too, or 4extra. Amazing how much is repeated though!

Peace and quiet, although my sewing machine means I’m not totally quiet, radio 4 sometimes, and if I’m hand sewing in the evening the telly is often on, but I’m not truly engaged with it, unless I want to watch it, then I don’t sew.

1 Like

I bought a second large monitor for my laptop a couple of years ago which is on a shelf on my wok desk right in front of me while I work. I buy boxed sets of TV series and watch/listen to them while I work. I’m currently watching season 6 of All Creatures Great And Small which was purchased in memory of Robert Hardy who passed away recently.

Ah Siegfried! He was a great character.

He most certainly was. It’s taking me back to my childhood watching it in the evening before I went to bed.

1 Like

I listen to a variety of things when I’m working. If I have to focus (pattern cutting or other complex thinking moments) it has to be silence. Other than that, sometimes radio, sometimes spotify (I love their “mood” selections - I always find something new), sometimes my own music, and sometimes audio books. I have an audible subscription and get one book every month. I’ve built up a nice wee collection of classics as well as modern stuff, and try to get as much for my money as possible so my £7 a month sometimes gets me 40 hours of listening.

I usually have the TV on but it has to be something I know well enough to just listen to for most of the time. I’ve recently been reacquainting myself with “Friends” which is being shown in large chunks on Comedy Central. I’ve seen them all so many times that I know what’s going on without having to concentrate, but I hadn’t seen it for a few years so it’s nice to re-discover it.

1 Like

I’m the same - if I’m doing illustration work (my other hat!) I prefer to work in silence but for my pyrography work it’s slow & methodical so music or spoken word stuff is very welcome.

I usually have the tv on. Been brought up in a household where there was always noise so I’m not very good with silence. :slight_smile:️ Recently Iv been binge watching “say yes to the dress” and “housewives of . . . (New York, New Jersey, etc)” on freeview. Quite amusing to watch :joy:

1 Like