What new thing will you do with regards to your Folksy shop?

I’ve decided to have flyers printed to get my shop out into the big wide world. What will you be doing? :grinning:

We might read something that one of us has done that we haven’t thought of as yet so we could all learn. And Christmas is coming so lets all go for it :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Nice topic! I’m currently re thinking my packaging as, well, it is not particularly great if you order more than one card. I’m looking at those postal boxes that are large letter size, and then branding them myself.

I am also thinking about the potential for personalisation of my range. Working out how best to go about requires a bit of head scratching!

2 Likes

Hi, how will you do the branding? Stickers? A stamp? Really curious to see what you’re thinking :grinning:
Those heart earrings are lovely by the way x

1 Like

Moo.com make stickers so I might consider those. I have a self inking stamp with folksy shop address and FB page on it that currently goes on the back of my cards so I might use that. Seeing as I make eye catching patterns it seems a shame to not use them on the outside of packaging in some way. I wonder if anyone makes custom tape…

3 Likes

I’m sure you’ll find someone with regards to the tape. I’ve had stickers made by an auction site printing company…so reasonable in price I was amazed :grinning:

2 Likes

I thought that, when my plus account runs out, instead of renewing it I may open another shop to put in some of the things that don’t really “fit” in my present shop. My new shop will also (briefly) be on the front page :slight_smile:
I’ve had an alternative shop on here before, though, and never sold anything, so perhaps I’m being too optimistic. Never mind :slight_smile:
Best of luck with your plans, everyone!

2 Likes

Hi Christine,
Ooh I like your new things in the shop! I’ve shared some just now to hopefully help get the word out :grinning:
Would you try some flyers to leave everywhere maybe? Might be worth a go, that’s my plan and then at least I can say I’ve tried. If nothing comes of it then at least I’ll know I tried my best. Your stock is beautiful and will definitely appeal to a part of the market, just have to find those buyers :tulip::tulip::tulip:

1 Like

Thanks so much, Jo! I probably won’t do flyers as I don’t sell locally at craft fairs or anything. To be honest, I’m getting on in years and now and then think perhaps I should just retire, but I’m not sure what I would do with myself!

Hi Christine, I don’t do craft fayres either. My flyers just have my shop name, the shop website address, a short description of what I sell and my email address. That’s it :grinning: And no, retiring is not an option, your items are needing to be bought :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

I always pop a business card in with every purchase (and have a stack available to take away at craft fares) and that has my folksy shop url on it along with an email address but doesn’t seem to generate much by way of follow up sales (95+% of my sales are in person, even my repeat customers prefer to browse the shop and then email me and finalise things face to face, I really don’t think my company is that entertaining). So I’m thinking of trying branded packaging next that way if the card gets removed (if its being given as a gift or something) it means my shop details will stay with the item (I’m hoping that items stay in the boxes I put them in).
(I’m on a bit of an online downer at the moment as I’ve just sold as much in my open studios month (4 weekends) as I have in 4 years of online)

3 Likes

I’m too much of a shrinking violet to sell face to face :neutral_face:
Well done with your sales, Sasha!

2 Likes

I think the knowledge that will fill this thread will prove invaluable to us x

I just wondered how everyone is getting on with their shops? I’ve sharpened my photos and have started making Pendants in more vibrant colours. I’ve also started creating some Christmas Jewellery soon to be listed. I’m getting excited about Christmas already because of this and it’s only August! :grinning:

I’ve sold a few things, so I’ve been making new ones to replace them. To be honest, I find replacing best sellers quite boring, but if they’re the only things that sell it has to be done. I wish I could get to the stage where I don’t care if things are saleable so I can try something new!..
I’m glad you’ve decided to stay, Jo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Christine, I’m glad you are still here and have sold some goodies too :grinning: I’ve decided to make the things that I like now, not what I think someone might like then at least I’m happier when I start creating. I think it almost started to feel like a bit of a chore. I think (cheeky moment coming :open_mouth:) that the next thing you make should be something you would like to buy, and really let it take its own shape and see what happens…I’ll look forward to seeing it :cherry_blossom::grinning: xx

2 Likes

I had some little business cards printed that say ‘thank you for buying’ and a little note asking people to share images of where in their home the print has been put up, using my Instagram hashtag. I’m hoping that way people will share my work… but I’ve only made one sale so far so it will evidently take a while. Worth a go, though, I think.

2 Likes

That’s a really good idea :cherry_blossom:

I really like eco-craft card boxes, and find that I can send 5 individually wrapped cards and envelopes in a box with a large letter stamp.

Ooh thanks for that, I’ll check them out!

1 Like

I had these lovely stickers made by able labels of my swans stained glass. They are really stylish and make my packaging look smart and show the product well. You can say your product is high quality in words, but pictures re-inforce the message

4 Likes