What social media info do you include in your parcels?

Hi,
Up till now the only information about our business that I have included in our parcels is our email address. I read somewhere recently that I should be giving everyone all my social media information at every opportunity… (or words to that effect!).

With Christmas coming up I thought it would be a good opportunity to include social media information with parcels but I’m not really sure … do you include all your social media details in parcels? If so, how do you do it? On a sticker/ card /postcard…?

I’d love to hear what you think…

I don’t like innundating people with reams of info - I just have my website address on my business card, and on my website I have links to Facebook etc

2 Likes

I put a business card in every parcel which has my name, email, folksy/etsy shop address, and facebook address. I wouldn’t put any more than that on (twitter, pinterest etc) as it would look too cluttered, and anyway, if people went to my shop or facebook page they would be able to find the links to the other social media I use.

I did read some good advice here last year, which said to put your shop details on every piece of packaging, because if people are giving your items as Christmas presents, they might not include your business card with the parcel. But if your shop address is on the other packaging (gift box, swing ticket etc) then the recipient will see that and be able to find you online, also if it’s getting passed around the room everyone else will get to see it too! So now my branded jewellery cards which I mount necklaces, earrings etc on if the customer doesn’t want a gift box has a discreet ‘www.thedragonflylane.folksy.com’ printed up the side of it.

2 Likes

I find all that extra stuff annoying spammy and goes straight into the recycling ie my shredder and remade into new handmade paper. Now I only have so much storage space so a lot of it just goes straight to the recycle bin in the garden.

I don’t think I’m the only one who gets fed up with all the advertising junk some vendours put into a package when all that’s required is a delivery note with company details and order details on and maybe the sellers hand writing a thank you on that delivery note.

1 Like

I put a ‘thank you’ sticker on the back of my kits saying to come and say hello on my FB page. It is nice as many of my ladies continue to stay in touch and know when I have new kits out! I also have a FB logo on my stationary and the address of my page on the front of my kits.

1 Like

I think you can handle links nicely just by using all the Logos nicely. I have my Logo sticker on the back of my parcels and the shop logos, F/B and Pinterest logos running down the side neatly. They look fab! The thing is the internet is my shop window and when I look at my stats it is really interesting to see that you WILL get traffic from sites like Pinterest, FB, Stumbleupon etc etc. All of this interest is a potential sale, of course.

1 Like

It’s so long since I sent one, I can’t remember… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes that’s the answer to have it all on one thing a business card/sticker on the packing only that can be ripped and never read. or as part of the footer of the delivery note with your folksy banner at the header of the delivery note.

1 Like

I enclose a short letter that essentially says thanks I appreciate the order and give my social media details, and then I use a different letter if it’s a repeat order. I often wonder whether this is overkill but I think it’s nice that people know you appreciate their business. I’ve toyed with the idea of an A6 type postcard with the same message but maybe something colourful on the reverse, but then feel it would be too expensive…

2 Likes

I suppose there’s nothing stopping me from printing the folksy receipt, and then reinserting that into the printer and printing off my thank you so that it then appears on the delivery note. I understand the annoyance thing if you get loads of junk but I like to thank people (but without sounding too gushing!!).

1 Like

No Heidi it isn’t gushing at all! The essential thing with the internet is that people need trust and a relationship with you. I always message a ‘thank you’ when I get a sales notification and make my customers know I’m there if they need a hand.xx

3 Likes

Oh, I’ve just remembered how I recently ordered a birthday card from an Etsy seller in Florida, and she sent it with a thank you card, and the thank you card was BIGGER than the birthday one I had ordered from her! It was nice that she wrote me a thank you note, but I felt like it was a shame I was just going to recycle it, I couldn’t put it on display as then the person the birthday card was for would have seen it and known what card they were getting!

2 Likes

That’s why I thought maybe a postcard sized thank you note might be a nice idea - then if I sell one of my smaller cards, I could maybe fold it in two and tuck it in. So almost like a Compliments slip.

2 Likes

Sounds good! I think a handwritten note always goes down well, I usually just print off the folksy invoice and write a thank you note on that and put it in with the business card.

3 Likes

I always include a hand written note and include some info on the inspiration behind the piece. the paper is watermarked with my logo and my details are on the bottom - website, email and facebook.

If I remember I also include a business card but more often than not I forget :confused:

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies! I think I’m now swaying towards the idea of a sticker of some kind at the moment… now I just have to design one …

We have an a5 flyer … Top half Soap n Things. Bottom half Grumpy Joes Pet … Then where to find us. Ie shops. Then online but not full links. We add the web blog as all shop links there. We do give info about everything we make. Ie the soaps for eczema, psoriasis etc. That goes in the parcel. We found it easier and better than biz cards.Cheaper too.

1 Like

Oh on outside of the package we have a sticker in case postie is interested lol

1 Like

We always say thank you when we get a sale and receive lots of good feedback based on that

1 Like

Since half my sales are at craft fairs most of my items have a swing tag; one side has my logo, website and email, the other side the item details and the price at the end easy to cut off. When I sell online I cut the price off the tag so the buyer can give it as a gift without missing it, (or sometimes I am posting direct to the recipient.)

I also have a business card (also handed out at craft fairs) which on one side is simple like the tag. The reverse has addresses for all my online shops because people have their favourites, and my FB and Twitter too. If the purchaser keeps the card, the item still has the tag.

When I sell on Et** I have a separate coupon with a discount code for return customers, but we still can’t do that here.

1 Like