Folksy Ltd

What to charge for gift wrapping and boxes?

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #1

I’m thinking of offering as an extra for my greeting cards , to provide a box with tissue paper,ribbon and personalised gift tag for front of box. I have worked out cost of my materials but not sure how much extra to charge. Not sure if good idea as will need to watch sizes for posting.
Any advice?

(Sarah Eves) #3

I would worry that it would make a single card too expensive for many people.
By the time you add a gift box and decorative wrapping to the card it will surely push postage up to parcel rate, which is a lot to pay for a single card.

Sarah x

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #4

thank you stevie I’m finding it hard to come up with a price that isnt too expensive. Will do some more research to see what other people ask

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #5

Exactly Sarah, I have been asked quite a few times for a boxed card so thought it might be an idea to offer this service. I dont want my customers to think that a box is included in price of card but as an optional extra. I have ordered a few boxes to experiment with to see what postage bracket it is going to come under.

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #7

that is an option stevie but I think I would like to do the nice bit and wrap card in tissue paper and add a bow etc! I’ve just received some boxes but will need to look again they are very flimsy . thank you for your idea