When did Craftjuice change?

I haven’t been on Craftjuice for a while what with Christmas and everything, so when I went on this morning I found it had all changed. I used to go to the new items and vote for Folksy people, then go to the ‘popular’ section to make sure I hadn’t missed anyone. Now there doesn’t seem to be a ‘popular’ section, so where do things go when they’ve had 5 votes? And there doesn’t seem to be an indication of which site the seller is on. Perhaps I should just vote for everyone to be on the safe side!..

I think it changed over Christmas. It caught me a bit by surprise, especially since I have pop-ups turned off so some things didn’t work until I changed my settings.

Under 5 votes is called “New”, over 5 votes is now “Home”. You can’t see where an item came from unless you click on it, which is probably fairer but doesn’t help us target Folksy sellers.

Don’t forget craftjuice also posts on facebook and twitter, so likes and RT’s there will all help :slight_smile:

I only just started on Craftjuice a couple of days ago. I thought we were meant to vote for say 10 items above us in the Folksy Craftjuice thread, anyway that’s what I did! I’m now a bit confused too.

Thanks for the responses! I’m getting used to it now, it was just a bit of a surprise!

If you are taking part in the Folksy craftjuice thread you vote for every item in the thread.

Christine its much easier and simplier to click on the links in peoples posts in the Folksy craft juice thread it each link in a post takes you straight to the item so you can vote.

Yes, I know it is easier, but I quite enjoy perusing Craftjuice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t been on craftjuice for absolutely ages since they stopped you from copying and pasting descriptions from your folksy items. I find it hard to describe some items in my folksy shop let alone having to do it else where.

Thanks for that, I’ll get there in the end!

I just copy and paste the URL for a particular item, then when I put in on Craftjuice the description automatically appears with it.

That’s what I used to do then they changed the rules slightly that you weren’t supposed to just copy and paste. Maybe they’ve changed it back again then.

I don’t think it’s against the rules, rather than your item is more likely to be picked up in a search if the description is a bit different from an existing one. I think it’s advice rather than a rule…

We can still copy and paste the URL but they’d like us to slightly change the wording of our description as that way it does better on a google search. Just change things around a bit as Google views paste and complete copy as spamming and ranks your item lower down in a google search.

I just look at my sentence’s in my description and change a few words, or just change the sentence around and might change the order of a couple of sentences.

I don’t tend to rewrite my whole description. I don’t know if that helps

1 Like

Yes @EileensCraftStudio that does help, obviously I miss understood what they meant when they first announced what was happening. As soon as I start adding more to my folksy shop again then I shall add them too craftjuice, but not sure when that will be as I’m going to take a bit of a break with folksy to concentrate on my other sites etc.

I quite like the new design!

Seeing this thread has made me think that I should start getting in the habit of using Craft Juice again. I haven’t used it since it’s changed either. So I went to log in, put my correct user name and password in (no caps lock on, nothing odd going on at all), pressed enter, and I get a message that I’ve put incorrect info in more than 15 times and I’ll have to wait 24 hours to try again, so that went well :angry:

I just tried to log in and got that message (not as long as 24 hours, though) and when I logged in again I did it very carefully and using the password I’ve had for years! Still no luck…

Just tried again, just in case it didn’t really mean 24 hours, snd it didn’t. I logged in with my email address and password this time and got in. I noticed my user name is in upper and lower case, so I logged out and entered my user name exactly as it was with the capitals included. I’m in again. So if you’re having trouble, it could be it wants you to put the capitals into your user name on log in.