Where are all the sellers?

Hi everyone, I am pretty new on here too. Have put up quite a few things for sale, but am not getting any or very little views to my things. I think it is because I am totally new to Folksy that I am not really sure about promoting my shop. Has anyone got any tips to getting the shop noticed better? Thanks

Hi Valerie, I think you need to improve your photos, as someone who has bought a lot of jewellery on Folksy I know itā€™s usually the photography of a piece that grabs my attention and not all of yours are completely in focus. as for promoting, are you using Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Craftjuice etc? There are lots of listing threads on the Showcase forum you could join in with. It does take time and a lot of effort to build up a following. Good luck!

Hi Valerie Welcome to Folksy
I have been on folksy for over 3 years now and it took quite a while till I got my first sale, I have a facebook page which is linked to my folksy shop
you can also join pinterset to promote your shop and twitter.

Hi Valerie, I agree with Louisa you do need to improve your photos. The photo taking is the most difficult part of selling, I have been here for 2 years and my photos are still not great. There are some threads on this forum with tips for photography. Also I noticed you have the plus account so you can list whenever you would like, so if you had more items in your shop you would have a better chance of getting your jewellery noticed across the jewellery categories. It took me a few months to start getting regular orders so just persevere and they will come. Best of luck with your shop.

Hi Valerie
With photos It took me a lot of practice .I now take my photos inside with the camera on macro and the flash off I take the photos on a table in front of a window but before the sun comes around so there are no shadows I have found this works well, if you have a beading mat this is very good to take photos on, that is what I use a lot of the time good luck.

Hi Valerie
Welcome to Folksy.

Could I suggest that your comment in your profile that you are just starting out in jewellery making is perhaps not the best way to introduce yourself to potential customers whether it is true or not. You need your customers to have confidence that what they are purchasing, unseen, is professionally made.

Good luck
xx

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with that Joy, Iā€™d expect jewellery I bought on Folksy to be made by people with some experience, otherwise I wouldnā€™t have much confidence in the product, or be tempted to make it myself (which in fact I now do!)

1 Like

Only word to use is Gobsmacked ā€¦ if this figure for sellers is correct :

> On Folksy there are 1296715 things for sale from 67135 British designers and makers.

Up from 4960 October 16th @folksycontent how on earth did you do that ??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s some increase!! Maybe it was the free listings that did it??!!

Well, thatā€™s blown my chances of being found on here nowā€¦:smile:

I noticed that increase last weekend and wondered if the free listings were responsible. It does seem a big jump even taking that into account. :confused:

Iā€™ve been meaning to ask about this too, seems quite a big jump in numbers! :open_mouth:

Ha! Iā€™m not sure we did. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s some gremlins.
Iā€™ll check.

Thatā€™s a lot of gremlinsā€¦:smile:

LOL :smile:

As an ex IT person I have always relied on a computerā€™s ability to add up but having serious doubts about yours :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Camilla My computer calculates that there are 5845 shops - with 20 per page and 292 pages + 5 on last page 293 - of the Newest Sellers feature - which as far as I can see includes all shops - as Iā€™m there somewhere on page 286 so it seems to be alist of all shops in date order they were opened ?

Your computer has 67141 now - Black Friday gremlins are playing I think :slight_smile: :slight_smile: