Which other craft or art process would

That sounds amazing Joy and no, I don’t want a new career either, I just want to explore and improve the one I have now!

4 Likes

You are not alone, most of my work comes from my head and most of it comes out very different to what I imagine :rofl:
You should just do it, you might be surprised.
To be fair I can draw fairly realistic but I prefer my little imaginative whimsy.
As for crafts I’d love to try, that would either be pottery or glass blowing, although I don’t like the heat so glass blowing is probably a no go.

3 Likes

Thank you! Unfortunately I know my limits :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I would really like to try blacksmithing…if I’ve got the strength to lift the hammers!

4 Likes

I remember my mum using my hula hoop to make rag rugs when i was younger. Lovely big round ones. Improvise, it needent be expensive. :blush:

3 Likes

Iv’e been eying up the pots of old metal bits in the garage, i follow someone who solders them together as little figures and things. I’m sure i could manage that…

3 Likes

I would love to try weaving with willow especially sculptures for the garden. Its just a case of getting a move on. :grinning:

2 Likes

There are so many, id like to try botanical printing and cyanotypes and weaving with dried plant fibres too. Id also like to learn mosaic just to make something for a wall in my garden.

2 Likes

it is finding the rags Pam @pamadoodle …I have a peg loom for making rugs with…made a start…lol

1 Like

Charity shops? I’m always amazed at what can be found in a charity shop. Mum always used our old clothes to make her rag rugs.

Oooh there’s so many I’d love to have a go at… pottery maybe or glass fusing I think are top of the list!:grin:

1 Like

That’s such a great idea - a place that has tools so you can make things! Brilliant!!

1 Like

I thought that sounded great :slight_smile:

I was surprised how quickly things came back to me after a YouTube demo or two.

1 Like

It’s a brilliant resource for Liverpool. It’s called DOES.

2 Likes

I would love to do some small furniture upcycling if I had space and time to do so.

From smaller Crafts I would love to do some polymer clay jewellery

2 Likes

Great name!!:+1:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve dabbled in polymer clay jewellery, it’s fun!! Have got lots of materials and equipment- should have a go and explore it more!

2 Likes

I am currently learning to weld - done my level 1 MiG welding and now working on Level
1 TIG - it is a struggle but will get there.

5 Likes

That sounds interesting Alison @ABScraft :slight_smile: What kind of things will you be using your welding skills on?
I remember watching my Brother welding when I was a kid and he kept shouting at me not to look or I would get Arc eye!

For those of you that want to try glass blowing - you don’t need as much puff as you think - if you blow too hard, you lose all control over the shape. I made a few things when I did my degree course and it was so much fun but the thought of trying to finance running a furnace put me off of pursuing it.

3 Likes