Which style photo is best?

I’ve decided I needed shots from indoors of my makes - outdoors is pretty limiting with winter approaching! However I’d like some feedback on the styling please!

Lighting I’m struggling with still so will be trying with a light reflector tomorrow, but out of these 4 styles, which one shows my duck the best? Number 1 was the first image style I used, then 2, then 3, and lastly 4 is latest image.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like number 4 but I’m still very new at taking photographs.

1 Like

I prefer no. 4 too, it’s simple and shows the duck really clearly, with just a small amount of ‘dressing’ using the books. Nice!

1 Like

I like 4 too. The plain background is less distracting than the wall in 3 and the pose on the books just gives the duck a bit more character (as if he has chosen to be there) :blush:

2 Likes

I like 4 then 2, he looks lost in 3 and 1 just doesn’t do it for me. I’m hoping he’s standing on a guide to ducks and duck keeping. As I suspect you know it would benefit from a reflector to lighten the shadows (piece of white card works well).
Sasha

1 Like

4, you’ve captured the shape well and given an idea of scale too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, number 4 looks great! He’s a very cute duck :smile:

1 Like

4 for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like 4.
I personally really like No’ 3 too. But I suppose he does stand out more in 4… i just like the wall texture in 3.

1 Like

I like four and then three. He’s a handsome fellow x

1 Like

Definitely number 4 :0)

1 Like

I think no. 4 is very good, with no. 2 a close 2nd. I like the angle of the duck in number 4 and with the books too, just adds a little interest without detracting from the item you’re wishing to sell.

Elaine

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Nice to know i’m going in the right direction LOL. I’m sure you all know how time consuming it is taking photos, getting the right shot, etc, so I appreciate the feedback so that I’m not wasting time doing something that doesn’t work.

And Tristan the duck also says thanks for the compliments! :wink:

3 Likes

Just like to say no.4 too! :smile:

1 Like

four is my favourite, then three

1 Like

Yes, number 4 is the clearest, then 2. beautiful picture though.

1 Like

I like 3 as it gives me a sense of how he would look on display in my own home :heart:️, but I’d also agree with others in that 4 makes him stand out and look his best!

He’s adorable! X

1 Like

I’d have no4 as the lead photo and no3 as the ‘lifestyle’ choice! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like 4, but I also like 3

1 Like

Definitely 4-no question about it!

Love Sam :whale:

1 Like