Who would you like to see as a featured maker on Folksy?

We’d love to know who you would like to see as a featured maker on Folksy and why.

If you have a suggestion, please tell us in the comments below, with:

• their shop name
  • a link to their Folksy shop
  • and why you would love to know more about them.

What is it that you find fascinating about their story, products or craft?

Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d like to see @Marjansart. I’ve always loved Marjans work. Her art always seems to have a sense of fun about it. I know her work is often copied too and put on tee shirts and mugs etc which is so unfair. I’d like to know what inspires her and how she developed her unique style of art.

8 Likes

I have been crushing on @parsnippottery s work for a long time. Their work is beautiful. I particularly like the rattie themed work(I love rats) I missed out on a plant pot with a rat design a little while ago. It sold out while I was dithering about whether to buy it :roll_eyes:

They make a great range of useful ceramic pieces as well as decorative and they have a clearly identifiable style

2 Likes

Wow, thank you Carol

1 Like

I’d like to see @MaxPringJewellery Maxine has been on Folksy along time and has some lovely jewellery
Max Pring Jewellery on Folksy

8 Likes

Id like to see Hooperhart featured. Her work is beautiful.

A second choice, just to be cheeky

Ruth makes beautiful leaded stained glass panels.

Full disclosure - Ruth has a studio in the same building as mine, so i am not without bias here!

6 Likes

You are most welcome :heart:

I’m going to nominate @Macclesfieldbagworks so she can tell everyone about recycling/ upcycling jeans into shoulder gags, porta-pockets and travel sporrans (and when Frank came to stay to oversee her turning the left over bits of my bench skin into a handbag)

8 Likes

Thanks Sasha :blush:, that’s so lovely of you. You know I’ve loved every single bag challenge you’ve thrown at me…even putting Frank up for the week was fun while I made your left over bench skin into a shoulder gag …ahem, bag :joy::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I would like to nominate Mick at Steampunk Creative Engineering.
His work is fun, crazy and fascinating - like some half remembered dream that you somehow hope was real.
I want to know how his mind works. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I’d love to see Sarah from @SevenHands featured. I’m in awe of her textile art.

Not only does she combine several different techniques to produce her work, but she also makes great use of materials by upcycling. I find much of her social media content fascinating too.

3 Likes

I’ll second Parsnip Pottery. She’s makes some lovely stuff and I’ve purchased several times.

2 Likes

Beautiful floral illuminated letterforms (lovely examples on IG) https://www.instagram.com/clareheraldry_/
& heraldic cards like this…

2 Likes

@DaisyWings please! Such a talented artist and great quality cards. Good customer service too.

2 Likes

Thank you Valerie :slight_smile: :pray:t3:

I’d love to see Roz @OrchardFelts featured I love her sculptures and have bought several scarves. Another favourite is Georgina @GeorginaCrawfordArt I adore her watercolours and landscapes

1 Like

Oh thank you Max @MaxPringJewellery, you are so kind.

1 Like

Your very welcome Maxine

Sarah at SevenHands would be my suggestion too!

1 Like

Thank you , Max @MaxPringJewellery

I’d like to see @SusanBettyArt I love how free her art is with colour and texture.

2 Likes