Who's been watching the Sewing Bee?

I was gutted that Lynda left tonight :frowning: I really wanted her to win! I like the other liadies too, but she was my favourite.

It was a difficult week…I certainly wouldn’t want to do it, and I’ve been dressmaking most of my life! Pattern-cutting is a completely different art to sewing.

1 Like

Yes, totally different skill.

I’ve made plenty of things without patterns, but they have mostly been show costumes, so quite a different kettle of fish to a tailored dress etc.

The final tonight - I wonder who’ll win…Chinelo, Tamara or Heather? I tnink it will be Chinelo, but it’s wide open really.

Was gutted when Lynda left last week, but out of the three left I wanted Heather to win, and her dress was awesome tonight, so I’m really pleased that she won :smiley:

1 Like

I hadn’t really got the wow factor from Heather’s sewing (unlike Chinelo and Tamara) but her final dress was definitely WOW!!! I was a bit disappointed with Tamara’s dress to be honest not sure if nerves got the better of her (or it could be I’m turning into a bit of a ‘fuddy duddy’) but she has done much nicer outfits. I might have to start making some of the clothes from the book (my lovely children bought me it for Mothers’ day) so I don’t get Sewing Bee withdrawal symptoms :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I watched it … good luck to Heather ! I personal think Chinelo should have won it , she had style - great designs - and being able to make something fresh and exciting without a pattern is fantastic! Why are they only been judged on the last day ?

Gerda x

I agree - I thought that Chinelo should win - I have been sewing for over 40 years but couldn’t design patterns as she does and over the weeks she produced some amazing items which fitted to perfection. And she has only been sewing for a couple of years.

That said they were all very talented and just to be on the programme and get as far as the did was an achievement

Ann

1 Like

Yes Ann Chandler , I agree with you … I also have been sewing for over 40 years ! Hopefully the rules will change next year !

Gerda x

I thought last year they looked backed over the whole course of the programme at the work of the finalists? Wonder if they did that this year but just didn’t show it? I might be wrong…a year ago is a long time for me to remember…

I also thought they looked backed over the whole course of the programme last year ! I don’t think they did that this year ???

Gerda x