Will anyone be trying Twitter For Business

Just had an email from twitter showing me how to set up twitter for business. Had a quick look at it but in two minds wether or not to try it out. I’ve paid for Facebook a couple of times and had a few sales from it. You can add a link to a website so I’m wondering if you can add your folksy shop link.

I made a Twitter account for my business, never had a personal one before. And yes you defo could advertise your folksy page there:)

1 Like

Let us know if you generate any sales from it @NobiasArt won’t you. I still haven’t decided what to do.

What is Twitter for Business? I have an ordinary twitter account for my business but haven’t investigated this new thing. I guess you have to pay for it?

Unfortunately Stephanie there is a charge, I can’t quite remember how much.
https://ads.twitter.com/getstarted?lang=en&ref=gb-em-tw-smbss_acq_chain_3-20150415-c

Hi, it’s free to join twitter whether you are a business or an individual. The ‘twitter for business’ isn’t a different type of twitter account, it’s just something that you can sign up to as extra if you want to to pay to advertise on twitter. So, if you are not on twitter as a business yet, you can sign up really easily using the normal twitter page for free.
With regard to paying for ads on twitter, I personally would not recommend that you do so. In my opinion twitter ads are like spam tweets, I don’t want to see them, so I block them, so that they do not appear in my timeline. I know loads of other people who also block twitter accounts who pay to advertise.

I add my Folksy shop links to my personal Twitter account on a daily basis, Ive made one sale from it in 2/3 years. Id be keen to know if anybody sets up a Twitter business account and if it actually generates sales.

So would I.

I set up a Twitter account at the weekend, as its free I felt I had nothing to loose. I too will link it all back to my Folksy shop and pinterest. I felt an extra few minutes twittering when I was folksy talking was no hardship, so I am guessing its a waiting game as we all eagerly anticipate our first replies / orders / £100000000!
Suzzie x

Good news, I Tweeted a picture of one of my Aga lid chefs pads, and the next day my Folksy shop views for that item was 8! Still no sales, but at least it works in promoting. So still patiently waiting…x

1 Like