Would this sell? Advice appreciated!

I did some “Tudor” portraits of animals many years ago and was wondering if they were likely to sell. This is the nicest one- I know it’s not very trendy (e.g.not a papercut ) but not all Folksy customers are trendy! If you think they would sell, which would be best- home print on photopaper, giclee print, or home print mounted on a greetings card? I’d really appreciate any advice (even if it’s “they won’t sell”).

2 Likes

I see no reason why they wouldn’t sell to the right person, they look good quality. Not to my personal taste but everyone’s different. Personally I would go down the greeting card route, maybe sell a pack of a similar theme. Pretty sure someone like my cat mad, history loving, artistic step mother would love them!

I agree, it would sell to the right person, and I also agree that greetings cards are a good way to go. Good luck!

A lot of people like things that are quirky like that,

My Boticelli ‘Birth of Venus’ bunnies are always popular as cards :smiley: (I know people would like prints of them too, but I haven’t managed a good enough print on my printer yet and haven’t got the spare cash to get a ny printed at the moment).

2 Likes

Sara that’s brilliant:) I’ve Svetlana Petrova’s Mona Lisa as my lock screen at the minute.

I think they would sell as cards or prints, animals in people settings are always fun.

Thanks for your advice, everyone! I suppose I can try a couple of cards- I have blanks, I have photo paper, I have “Plus”, so it’s not going to cost me anything! Love “The Birth of Venus”, Sara! As well as cats, I also have a few Tudor guinea pigs (portraits of my daughters’ pets) and one pig!

1 Like

I think they are different and you should go for it.

All the best

I think the human/animal look is ery on trend. I ve seen them in a shop. Heres a link to there fb page. Look on the walls in the pics and youl see similar https://www.facebook.com/YscHome

What an amazing shop,@GrimmExhibition! I think my pictures need to be a bit creepier to be right on trend. I saw a sphynx cat in one of the pictures- my daughter is getting one of these next month, she’ll make a good model! (not that I’m saying sphynx cats are creepy, but definitely weird)

The best way to know if something will sell is to put it up for sale.

Very true, @Renphotography! As long as I don’t have to shell out any extra dosh towards it, I’ll give it a go…