A few technical questions - I'm a bit lost!

Hi everyone! I hope no one minds me posting this but I’ve noticed some lovely shops on here and can’t quite get to grips with folksy as much as I’d like to - I’d like to embrace it more fully :slight_smile:
I have a few questions :
How do you rearrange your shop items?
How do you set featured images?
Is there a way of ‘drilling’ into the stats a bit better? (I’m on ‘the dark side’ too and that has quite a sophisticated stats area but can’t find anything similar in folksy?)
I want to work out how to do my keywords a bit better so I get found more but can’t see what’s working and what isn’t so feel like I’m working in the dark a bit.
Any help gratefully appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks xx

Hi Crafty Cow Design
If you go to your dashboard then shop settings and click on shop keeping you can rearrange your items from there. Feature items I think you only get this option if you have a plus account. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you! That will help and hopefully make my shop look a bit nicer :slight_smile:

Hi there!

People will suggest Google Analytics for the stats, but I have said in a previous post that I don’t use it that much because I find it a time-waster. If stats are your thing though I would sign up to it. There are instructions showing you how to do it on the Folksy Blog section.

Love Sam x

You can have featured items but only 3 at a time if you don’t have a plus account.

So if you want to change a featured item you just go back to your dashboard, go to shop keeping, find the item you don’t want to feature and unfeature it, then find the next item you’d like to feature for a while.

With the plus account we can feature every item in our shop and the programme randonly picks out 3 of them to feature each time someone look at your main shop page.

To re arrange the order thing show up in your shop it’s done again in Shop keeping.
To get the item to show as the very first item on your main page click the ‘move to top’

To move any item just click an drag it into the order you want it to appear. So if the first item in your shop you want to move to the back of your shop click on it and drag it the end of the list of your items in Shop Keeping.

I hope that helps and don’t worry about asking questions all are welcome here. :slightly_smiling:

oh yes tags

You can use up to 15 so think of words and 2word phrases that potential might type into a search bar to find your item.

Use some tags as the same words as are in your title and first line of your description.

I notice you don’t have any tags at all at the moment. If you are unsure of your titles and tags pretend to be a potential customer and type words like painting, bird painting etc etc then see how high up in the search your items appears.

I didn’t think you could have featured items at all if you didn’t have a Plus account, I don’t and have never had that option (that I know of)

Thanks for all your advice - I’ve rearranged my shop - yay!
I’ve discovered google analytics but actually it is a bit useless for this purpose isn’t it? I was looking to get some stats on how people were finding my shop in folksy ie which tags were bringing in views. But I’m guessing there is nothing like that then. In the meantime I will be adding tags where they are missing - I think I gave up when I first started my shop but trying to diversify a bit on my shop platforms :slight_smile:

When you go into Shop Keeping to re arrange the order things are seen in your shop do you not see on each listing in Shop Keeping a blue icon saying Feature if so click on it and then hit save.

No Eileen, but having just checked (it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve missed something under my nose :smiley:) I saw this at the top so it would appear that only Plus account holders have this ability

“Feature items* items - choose a minimum of three items to feature (otherwise it won’t display any!). If you choose more than three, it will display three in a random order. *Only available to Folksy Plus sellers”

I think that choosing more than just 3 is only for plus accounts. I believe all accounts can choose 3 but plus accounts can choose all their item then they’ll feature in a random order.

The featured items are only for plus account sellers. I had the option last year when I was + but it doesn’t give me the option now I don’t have a + acc

1 Like