A few Questions regarding Logging in and Shop appearance

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the Folksy forum, and if I am going over old topics I apologise, I haven’t found a search function.

I wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. Logging in to Folksy - Do you have to log in every single time you visit Folksy? or is it just me? I cannot see a Remember Me button?

2. Shop appearance - When I list a new item, it plummets to the bottom of my shop page, isn’t there a way to change this, so that you new listings are at the top of the pile, for customers to see straight away? - I think I figured out a way to do it manually, click by click to move an item to the top, what a palavar! and only on the PC, not on my mobile or tablet.

I hope I don’t sound negative, i’m enjoying my new shop and thankyou very much for any advice, i’m sure i’ve just missed some obvious button somewhere x

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jo @shunklies and to Folksy.

In answer to your questions:

1. This seems to be a bug which is happening to Folksy at the moment. There used to be a “Remember me” button once upon a time. It didn’t always work though and now it seems to have gone and most of us have to log in each time.

2. When you list something new it will automatically go to the bottom of the list or part way down the list if you have copied an item. Go into Shopkeeping and go to the item - at the side of the title in small blue writing it will say “send to the top”. Click on the blue writing and your item will shoot to the top.

Good luck with your shop.

Shirley x

2 Likes

Hello Shirley,

Thankyou so much for your quick replies, I would have never seen the blue writing!

Jo x

It is tiny isn’t it Jo @shunklies
When the listing features first changed to the new format it threw most of us as well.
We all expected new listings to be at the top.

Shirley x

Hi Jo and welcome to Folksy, it takes a while to find your way around, it’s a bit like being the new kid at school. Good luck with your new shop :slight_smile:

welcome Jo…love your shop…as someone who worked in designing knitwear and did spinning too…I could drool over your shop all day. Sadly I can no longer do knitting, crochet or spinning as my hands are bad, so now I paint instead…

1 Like

Hi everyone,

thanks for the warm welcome, and I am glad you like the shop, I just wish I had more hours in the day to get more work done, but i’m sure we all feel the same!

Thanks again for the advice x

1 Like

I do a little sewing and painting too when I need a break from the wool. It is a shame to hear you can no longer do the knitting etc, I imagine I will get there too one day (I have ME and Fibromyalgia) I have to make a conscious effort to not do the same thing for too long or I get in alot of pain.

Great questions, I needed those answers too. From one new member to another -good luck with your shop x
Ruth

I’m glad it’s helped more than just me then, good luck to you too!