A new thread

I had my say on leave EU,you had yours on remain. Time I think to remember why we are all here ART? CRAFTS?, folksy friday,not black friday.
If you worry you die,if you are happy you die so why not be happy?
Any subject will do,what will you have for dinner tonight? Dog had pups? Cat had kittens?

2 Likes

I’m the one having kittens, my greyhound has just dug the most enormous hole in the middle of the garden, so for dinner tonight it could be roast greyhound, not really I love her to bits. Oh! well at least we don’t have mole hills, we have Katie holes… :scream:

7 Likes

I’ve just spent 3 hours promoting the local open studio scheme at a pop up art exhibition at my local library, I’ll be saying ‘Hi, do you know about Cambridge Open Studios…’ in my sleep. Time for a G&T me thinks.
Dinner will probably be fish fingers and chips with roasted veg - OH is away and that is my fall back meal.

3 Likes

Sorry, no art today James. I’m writing poetry instead. I’ll post it if it’s any good.

Sam x

3 Likes

Out for a chinese tonight with both my beautiful girls - a rare treat to get them both together at the same time although I expect it will be Mum that pays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also got to meet a strangley cute but very soft and strokey pug (? maybe pug cross) puppy at the pop up - I’d have smuggled him home if I thought I’d have gotten away with it.

2 Likes

Heard off plausible deniability ? It must have followed you,how else would it have got there?

1 Like

I’m sitting on the sofa watching cricket on TV (England v Sri Lanka) and enjoying a glass of white wine. The French doors are open, the sun is shining and a Blackbird is singing beautifully in the garden.

2 Likes

I think the lead might have stopped that but I like your thinking.

1 Like

Had a lovely day - busy, busy, busy in my office looking out into the garden - putting customers orders together to go out in the post and all the time thinking of new designs to play around with - ready for a sit down now and chill out before bed - have a great evening everyone.

2 Likes

It was a lovely day today, until I got caught in a downpour, without my umberella or coat, got soaked, but as I was on my way to have my hair done, I wasn’t too bothered. The good news is that when I came out of the hairdressers it was brilliant sunshine again. Somebody up there loves me.

2 Likes

I am in Mevagissey, about to have a cuppa tea before hubby and I walk to the Lost Gardens of Heligan. They have intrigued ever since they were found. I can see blue patches of sky, and know inspiration is just over the way.
Suzzie x

5 Likes

Love Heligan. We went there the first year it was opened to the public. I remember we were sitting in a pub in Mevagissey and I found a leaflet about it- had a brilliant afternoon there!

Also my dear old Mum always insisted on calling Mevaguissey Megavissy :smiley:

Today I shall be mainly trying to clear our house for when we move home, and have a quick zoom around the village fete.

2 Likes

Mind you, love a village as well…
Suzzie x

I’m happy because I spent the day at Woolfest buying lots of lovely new wool and making plans for my Autumn range.

3 Likes

The lead must have got caught on a button.

I went for a walk today,I needed it after a few days on a diet of rain and Europe. Still a sea of green out there and all the flowers are well behind due to persistant rain and cloud no doubt.
I got plenty of time to reflect on my style and one name kept coming up,Marie Burke who sells the most fantastic botanical paintings on folksy,I must aspire to her level but with wildflowers,butterflies and moths,the botanical style I think is what I would be best at,as for silver work I shall stay with natural themes.
I trust it is alright to mention another shop in a good context.

3 Likes

I love your green (peridot ring) James, not sure it would fit my arthritic fingers though.

Our fete was a bit of a washout but good cakes- loads of books to browse through, and the local school children played instruments in the hall- I admit to getting slightly misty eyed. Also won a raffle prize, then had to swim home!:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Been a washout around here for days and as I have a 100feet of cable running to my studio little has got done as it is not good to energise it in a thunderstorm,10 times more likely to get hit with a current running through it so I am told.

I have finally had a busy couple of days in my gallery - here’s hoping it continues!

I have also been enjoying watching Wildlife with more intent as part of the #30dayswild initiative. Brilliant reminder to take notice!

I have been experimenting with watercolours and loving it too

All in all a good few days :smiley:

2 Likes