General chit chat thread

I’m not sure if anyone would be interested in this but there are so many times when I am just working on my own or when I’m suffering from anxiety or insomnia, that it would be nice to chat to other forumites online!
I don’t want to crash other specific threads…so would anyone like a chit-chat thread?

You can use it for anything you want, general musings, questions, talk about the telly , your pets, what you are having for dinner etc…

Please come and join me so I don’t end up feeling like Billy no mates…hehe!

14 Likes

What are you up to tonight? I’m trying not to worry about my toothache whilst watching The Chase. I’m not a big fan of Bradley Walsh but I do like to see how many questions I can get right.
After that, I’m going to list a couple of things and then do the washing up.
Oooh, I forgot that dancing on Ice is on tonight too, so I’ll watch that too. I want to see what GC has been up to this Week.

3 Likes

Thet beef is roasting in the oven, I’ve a dish fusing in the kiln, 4 pieces to add to my shop after dinner while I watch BBC1. They have for once got an entire evening of viewing that I want to watch.

Hope the tooth behaves itself. xx

4 Likes

What a lovely idea to have this thread. Nothing really to share at the moment - but I do hope that your toothache allows you some sleep tonight Sarah. Also that the dentist visit is nothing like as bad as your fears.
Thought I’d add a pic of our newish kitten - no reason for it really except that, on this thread, I can. :smiley:

21 Likes

I quite like Vera but I have to be in the right mood to watch it…I may watch the Hotel Chocolat programme instead!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh…your kitten is too cute - she’s waving! Is it a she?

2 Likes

No it’s a he. We’ve named him Gimli. Beginning to wonder whether naming a kitten after a warrior dwarf was such a good idea. He’s the most boisterous kitten we have ever had and runs rings round the two older cats. But he is extremely endearing nevertheless.
Should have said, it’s a night in front of the TV for us tonight too.

4 Likes

He is a cutie - you can get away with all sorts when you look like that! lol

3 Likes

For once I’m ready to slow down and sit in front of the haunted fishtank (aka the TV!) this evening, I don’t normally sit down until around 9pm then an hour of TV and bed by 10 :zzz: but hubby’s made us a sausage casserole for dinner, my orders are done and packed to go to the PO tomorrow and I’ve read through two assignments ready to start my next one tomorrow, I feel at a bit of a loose end lol!

Hope the tooth doesn’t worsen Sarah @thedotterypotter and your new dentist is nice, a colleague at work says she loves the dentist but only because he’s lovely and very good looking, she has to have a completely numb mouth before they do any work on her as she hates the treatment side :joy:

4 Likes

What a beautiful kitten!

I’m having trouble doing any work lately because my cat keeps insisting I put a corner of my new snuggly sleeping bag on the desk for her to sleep on (I get cold when I’m sat here in winter and it’s easier than a heater).

4 Likes

Enjoy your sossy casserole Max - you deserve a night off xx

3 Likes

I sometimes wrap myself in a blanket instead of putting the heating on…I love that your kitty wants to share your sleeping bag though…you’ll have to show us a picture x

6 Likes

Hope the toothache eases soon. Spent the afternoon creating a photo book online and finished a troublesome bag I had started for a workshop class next month. Looking forward to sitting down tonight to watch Vera and might even treat myself to a little bar of chocolate.

4 Likes

Well done on getting your troublesome bag finished :slight_smile: x

3 Likes

For those of you with cats…do they like to sit on your lap?
My old cat would always want to sit on my lap even when he had such bad arthritis that he couldn’t retract his claws - that was sometimes a bit painful when he did that kitty lap kneading thing they do!

My new(ish) cats just don’t like sitting on my lap at all. they don’t mind sitting near me but they don’t want to be fussed. I miss my little old boy - he was so affectionate!

4 Likes

I hope the toothache doesn’t give you too much trouble tonight and you can manage to cope with a dentist appointment. I haven’t watched Dancing on Ice this year. I do enjoy it but hubby isn’t keen. He’s been recording it for me on series link but I doubt I’ll ever get round to actually watching it. We’ve got Countryfile on at the mo and later it’ll be Call the Midwife which we both enjoy. I’m about to stick my head over a bowl of steaming water and Olbas Oil to try and ease my cough. I was prescribed an inhaler on Friday but I’ve had to give up with it as I’m getting some very unpleasant side effects!

4 Likes

The interfacing was thicker than I usually use and all those layers tested my machine but got there in the end. A great feeling to start the week with a clean slate x

4 Likes

helen @PocketfulCreations, I really hope that the Olbas oil helps with your cough xx I bought some Vics vaporub the other day with the intention of using it for steam inhilation…then I put it away and forgot all about it!

@MadeintheTemple - it’s great when you cross off a big To Do list too…very satisfying!

3 Likes

While the beef roasts and with Countryfile on the TV I decided to investigate a rather lovely jacket I got from the Moonsoon sale. https://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1.5/5451640108
|
We’re off to India in a few weeks :smile: :smile:
but it’s winter there and we’re in the North for the first few days so realised I would need something to cover up in the chilly evenings.
So I bought the jacket but it arrived as I was dashing out so just got it out to check it properly.
I had noticed that the pockets were stitched tight shut and wondered if they were false but have only just looked properly.
Listing says ‘discreet pockets’ and they weren’t joking.
I could feel there was a fabric pocket inside so have now attacked with my sharpest scissors and yes my jacket now has two working pockets.
Think someone was a bit over jealous when they tacked those closed !

6 Likes

Lovely jacket Joy @JOYSofGLASS - beautiful colours. I’m glad you’ve got functional pockets now - lol! Always useful!

5 Likes