Account locked

Facebook locked my account yesterday due to ‘unusual activity’ and I’m having a nightmare unlocking it. I have to prove who I am by uploading some id and I’ve tried a few things and they have all been rejected…
Has anyone had this before and do you have any advice as to what to do?
I scanned in my driving licence (old style, no photo) and that got rejected.
I scanned in my passport but it did expire in 2019 and I haven’t renewed because I knew I wasn’t going anywhere, and that got rejected.
I scanned in my Marriage certificate and that got rejected.
These are all items that were on their list of items I could use for ID, and they have stated that as long as they have my name and date of birth (or photo) on they acceptable.
Today I have taken a photograph of my driving licience and sent that in the hope a photograph will be clearer, but they haven’t stated why the others were all rejected so I don’t know if the documents themselves weren’t acceptable or if it was just the images not being clear enough.
…and now I have just had an email to say the latest photo I just uploaded has been rejected.
I’m going to have to resort to contacting them via their chat, which I hate doing, as I’m lost for what else I can do…

3 Likes

Hi there

I set up a FB account a few months ago as I’d never been on it & thought perhaps I should but all I had was problems…!
Infact I think you gave me some advice on the forums at the time :grinning:
I set up 2 different accounts and both got deleted they said I wasn’t following their rules! The first one was just a trial to see if I would like FB so I used a fake name n dob perhaps that’s why thy deleted me but the 2nd account I made sure I did everything by the book, I had to scan a photo of myself rotating my head from side to side!!!
If this is how they operate then I’m better off without them
Good luck on getting your account sorted but they do seem so difficult & they can just lock you out of your account for no reason

2 Likes

I’ve been ok with Facebook apart from the new format, nightmare. My problem is with Google. Both me and my wife have a Google Business account and upload our products only to be told that they are unsuitable :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:. No idea why, nothing wrong with a painting of a boat or dolphin or decorated glass gifts. :thinking: I have given up with them because there is no product page and they also now need proof the reopen the sites.

1 Like

Oh! FB excel in this region. I had a business one that I set up 6 years ago. All good. All promotions going well. And then! They pushed the new layout format, but users had to choice of keeping the old format, knowing that one day we’d have to transfer over. This is where the problem started. They ‘closed’ my account. Totally closed it. No explanation. Not even ‘not following protocol’. No link to Insta. Nothing. So a couple of years of just not doing anything, I created the one I use today last year. No problems whatsoever. But, if I tag any of my products, it wouldn’t let me because my insta linked account was to the account they closed. It’s been merry-go-round ever since. I now use Folksy pages and my business account insta. Can’t link the products together, but I do post on both at the same time. THEN, FB reactivated my old account the other month. In I went for a look see - 1000s of activity from family and friends, customers and people looking to buy. Can’t offer any advice whatsoever, but when someone creates a replacement for FB, my hand is straight up.

I tried the chat…totally useless. I think it must be a robot, it just kept quoting the same things that were stated in the rejection emails with no clue why they were rejected.
My suspicion is that they want something official with a photo on, which I don’t have, and which the help notes don’t state…it says it must have name and date of birth OR name and photo,
Looks like I might have to get a new driving licience or passport just so that I can get Facebook back and there is a 4 week wait for the driving licence and 10 week wait for passport! Not having a good day…

I’ve had to give up on Facebook. My original account was classed as a ‘grey’ account with limited functionality and then it just stopped working altogether. Eventually it was removed by Facebook so I then waited a few months and thought I’d start again from scratch the way they want you to do it - opening a personal account then a business one. Alas no that didn’t work, they put a restriction on it, asked me to send a photo of myself and then locked it permanently with no further right to appeal! Good luck with yours, hope you find a way.

Well, I’m back in…
After another online chat with someone different I got loads of stupid advise which I already knew and then they said ‘try and find another form of ID you can try’…like I can just do that :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Anyway, I said the only other thing I had was my expired passport but that had been rejected once. She advised me to try again making sure my picture was clear, no glare or blurriness, so I did a fresh picture and it worked!!! Maybe she did something her end to help, I don’t know.
The REALLY stupid part is, when I got back on to Facebook a picture came up of a post I had put in a group I am in, saying it was against community guidlines and had been removed. I can only assume that was why my account was locked!
And my offending post…was a picture of the Victoria Sandwich I made asking if anyone would like a slice.
You just couldn’t make it up could you…I got locked out for a picture of cake! :weary:

6 Likes

Many people in the Plymouth/ east Cornwall area have been locked out for mentioning Plymouth Hoe in their FB posts! (Me included!) It really is about time the historic landmark that helped see off the Spanish Armada changed its name to suit the Facebook police. I suspect people who post about gardening tools get the same issue. Whereas those who use the word in its offensive gangsta rap context probably don’t get penalised at all.

5 Likes

I saw that picture Kim! I’m obviously in the same group. I’m glad your back in. I find my facebook page (business) generates more interest than instagam these days, so its quite a useful social media site. Here’s hoping thats the last thing you have to deal with.

2 Likes

Glad you’re sorted. Your cake story made me chuckle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@SueTrevor yes, I find a good proportion of my sales come from people seeing my posts on Facebook so I was getting worried. Sales are hard enough at the moment!
@JOYSofGLASS I know, I couldn’t believe it. Obviously a Victoria sandwich must be something totally different somewhere else!

2 Likes

I know why you were blocked…Read my PPS (and for goodness sake make a Black Forest Gateau next time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

PS Forget what I said about the Black Forest Gateau. That is Just as bad if you type the words and ‘Slang’ into google !!

PPS I’ve just edited this to remove the link as to my prudish mind it is too rude to be printed here. If you want to know what it said type into Google “Victoria sponge slang” and read urbandictionary

4 Likes

I read it in my emails before you removed it…OMG…not sure I will ever look at my victoria sponge in the same way ever again! :astonished: :flushed: :rofl:
I did wonder about the black forest gateau…perhaps I just won’t post about any cakes on Facebook. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I second your Health Warning about urban dictionary - please don’t anyone go there unless you are totally unshockable as your hair will curl… Though you will certainly find out if there are any other meanings to your word/term…

6 Likes

Who would have thought cake could be so rude! You two @JOYSofGLASS and @KBCreations made me giggle with your cakes stories.
@KBCreations glad you got sorted, I don’t understand or really ‘get’ FB but it must be horrible to get locked out if it is generating sales for you.

3 Likes

Crikey, learning loads of stuff here this morning! :astonished:

4 Likes

I have googled it. Fanning self with newspaper, reaching for smelling salts.

7 Likes

@KBCreations my daughter had similar with Instagram and she is still locked out of it! They didn’t accept anything she sent so she gave up with it.:worried:

2 Likes

I had to look & now wish I hadn’t :grimacing:, that is just nasty :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve just seen your lovely Victoria sponge on another thread, it’s so inoffensive :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: how could it have caused so much trouble?

2 Likes