Who is on Facebook?

I would love to find more folksy folk on Facebook
My Facebook page is
https://facebook.com/loveableco

3 Likes

I used to have nearly 2,000 followers on Facebook. I needed to change the name but Facebook wouldnā€™t accept my new name, I had to delete my old page :slightly_frowning_face: so I am now down to 57. I could definitely do with a few more followers

5 Likes

Have followed your page on Facebook
Great gifts.

1 Like

@loveableCo I went to your fb page and liked it.
@ruthwalkergiftsā€¦I have liked your page too.
My page can be found if you scroll down to the bottom of my folksy shop x

2 Likes

@loveableCo and @ruthwalkergifts I have liked both your pages.

Brenda @teabreaks Iā€™ve already got yours :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m at facebook.com/knittingtopia

4 Likes

Will take a look at everyoneā€™s Mine is https://www.facebook.com/zoknitandsew

3 Likes

Thank you Zoe. Like returned :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am there again. Come and say hello, please.
https://www.facebook.com/bea.beabook.5?needsRefresh=true

1 Like

Gorgeous notebooks. I donā€™t seem to be able to like or follow your page though. This is me.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll check. I thought Iā€™ve made it all public.

I have several pages and groups on Facebook, my main ones are-

Plus I run a Gothic Steampunk & Fantasy Wedding Group.

1 Like

I love this thread, Iā€™ll be sure to check out everyone elseā€™s pages while Iā€™m here, I would love some new followers on my page I really struggle with Facebook!

Iā€™m on facebook too xx

1 Like

Hi all,
I donā€™t know if this is the right place to post this but iā€™m trying it anyway!
I am not yet signed up to Facebook but have heard that it has been very useful to lots of people for getting more traffic and hence, more sales.
So I am seriously considering signing up, but have absolutely no clue about how to use Facebook.
If anyone could offer some advice on how effective it is or even what sort of things you post to help promote your shop and how regularly, I would be very grateful.
Thanks, Maria :blush:

I find a lot of people donā€™t like facebook as much as the other platforms anymore because it seems increasingly difficult to get your posts seen (although some seem to manage it).
You need a personal account to sign up for facebook, and then you create a business page through that account (although they donā€™t show the link between your personal page and your business page unless you want them to). Then youā€™ll want people to like the page so they see your postsā€¦ which is a lot easier if you have some friends on your personal page that support your business and you can invite to like.

The problem is, even once people have liked your page, it doesnā€™t automatically mean theyā€™ll see your posts. Facebook orders the newsfeed in order of what it thinks youā€™ll find most interesting, and that means things from your friends show before things from businesses. And if someone has hundreds of friends, that can mean a lot of scrolling before facebook decides to show them anything from a page. Not only that, if your post doesnā€™t get much engagement (clicks, likes, comments) early on, itā€™ll get bumped further down because it doesnā€™t think people find it interesting, and then thereā€™s not many people who will scroll that far to see it. Iā€™ve got just over 200 likes on my page, and my posts normally get seen by around 50-100 people. If you do manage to get a lot of likes and comments though, your post might start getting seen by people who havenā€™t liked your page, but are just friends of people commenting, and then the numbers can start going up a lot.

There is a way to get around that - pay for advertising. If you pay to boost your post, Facebook will show it higher as a ā€œsponsored postā€, and not just to people who like your page, you can select your target audience.

Of course that costs money though, so the other free way to try and get your page/posts seen is by posting in groups. You have to check the rules for each one, because some allow promoting and some donā€™t (such as the Folksy Clubhouse, which is more for support). Unfortunately Iā€™ve never been very good at that side of it so I donā€™t know any groups to recommend (the one that was always mentioned before - British Crafters, doesnā€™t run any more as a free group).

I donā€™t think I post as much as I should, Iā€™m not good at getting comments on my posts and I donā€™t make use of the promotional groups. Personally, itā€™s not great for me getting sales to strangers and my likes are mostly from friends and repeat customers, but it is still where most of my friends see my items, and when I make a sale to them itā€™s normally because theyā€™ve seen it on facebook. That makes it worth it for meā€¦ but I use facebook personally too, which probably makes it easier.

2 Likes

Every time I post on my Facebook business page it seems to go nowhere, and Facebook is on at me to ā€œboostā€ my post. Last time their suggested budget was Ā£45 :rofl: It feels a bit like blackmail :neutral_face: Not that Iā€™m suggesting you shouldnā€™t try it @ArtilyEverCrafter, youā€™d probably be better at it than I am :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

my fb page is here - https://www.facebook.com/TheFeminineTouch/

my biggest suggestion re fb is finding fb groups to share your postings too.

2 Likes

Thank you for that Kim, you always offer such valuable insight on topics x

I am a bit reluctant to sign up to it but it seems like the next step, since I am already posting my work and others through Pinterest and I post my work a few times a week on Instagram, although I havenā€™t had any sales through that yet.
I feel like Pinterest is similar to a sticker book, in that you love the images and collect them in folders but other than that, not much seems to happen. Unless Iā€™m doing it wrong?
I wish I could just paint and everything would then magically sell, how nice that would be :blush:
I only signed up to Folksy last September and prior to that, I had sold only a couple of smaller items at local craft fairs!
I knew it was going to be tough to get stuff out into the world, and I am completely up for the hard slog, I just wish I knew where to next! :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you Christine, I appreciate the reply x
I have heard a lot of people mentioning the ā€˜boost your postā€™ option, but I need to know that what I am putting out there is actually liked by people, otherwise itā€™s just money down the drain.
Facebook seems to be such a big deal in getting the word out there, but I am still reluctant to use it. Will just have to take that leap I guess :confused:

1 Like

I feel the same about pinterest, it always seems to get loads more hits than other social media, but I just donā€™t notice any sales from it. It just seems to be making nice looking boards and people using it for inspiration rather than actually shopping from itā€¦ but then I always see it on my stats page and think ā€œI need to remember to pin more oftenā€ in the hope Iā€™m just not doing it enough :joy:

I think the people who do best from social media are the ones who are good at getting people to comment and having a little chat, getting that connection with people really seems to help, but itā€™s not something Iā€™m great at.

2 Likes