All I want for Christmas is

…a Magic Small Object Finder! I dropped a cufflink yesterday, somewhere between craft station and my computer desk - it is resisting discovery.

Please add your own fantasy wish list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A week with no children, husbands, telephone calls, or illnesses! Just me and my studio, so I can actually get some work done for once! Pure fantasy!

5 Likes

A teleporter (that could whisk me home to NZ whenever I fancied).

That’s not too much to ask is it? :wink:

2 Likes

An instax camera or a cuttle bug machine :slight_smile:

an extra pair of hands? or maybe even two :smile:

For everyone to be well, but with 6 of us at home, chances of that are pretty slim.

1 Like

The sales fairy - for keeps although I’d be happy to clone her for others!

4 Likes

My conservatory completed finished so I can put up the Christmas decorations.

Weekends to be extended to 4 days!

3 Likes

A pair of Viking combs and my husband home sooner than currently predicted.

Though I’ll settle for donations of Baileys and Jaffa Cakes!

2 Likes

A self-cleaning house then I won’t feel guilty about crafting when I really should be doing the housework. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

An extra couple of hours in the school day - so I get more time in my shed . (instead they made it shorter this term :frowning: )

Lots more space -physical and mental! A 2 bedroom house with 4 adults and 5 cats is claustrophobic when the extra adults are your own grown-up daughter and her partner. Love them both to bits, but I once had a craft room and a dining room! Eating dinner from your lap gets a bit too much after 3 years…

2 Likes

A clone…so my clone can go to my ‘real job’ each day, and I can spend each day in my studio. :blush:

5 Likes

I would recommend a Large Magnet! You can probably buy one on Amazon…

Time to give them a not-so-gentle nudge, to encourage them to find their own home? Do they make a fair contribution to the bills - council tax, water, gas, electricity, phone line, broadband, tv (sky or whatever)? Do they pay their way with the food bills, laundry etc?
Maybe life is too easy for them? Maybe it’s time to make them feel that they would rather have a small place of their own?

Of course, I don’t know your circumstances and there are probably lots of reasons why they are living with you… I don’t think I could handle that myself! Perhaps a “Mum-Shed” for Christmas? XX

1 Like

hehe Lizzie, I have actually got a Magnet-on-a-Long-Stick contraption, but so far it has failed me - maybe not a strong enough magnet. Maybe time to call in the metal detectors!

1 Like

Fair contribution is £50 a week all in. Includes laundry (all washed, ironed) all food, cat food, car insurance and breakdown cover, car tax, vet bills, all utilities, Council Tax etc etc. No, it’s nowhere near enough but their only income is one lot of ESA because daughter has long-term illness. My OH told the chap to find a job a couple of weeks ago but no progress seen, and to be honest, I’m having to seek counselling and OH finishes his today. Sounds pathetic I know. Having a stroke last year didn’t help, and I’ve had four stays in hospital this year (bilateral kidney stones plus ruptured appendix) and though these are physical I’m sure stress is in there somewhere too. A holiday might help us, but it’s now 17 years since we’ve had one. We had to stop work because of ill-health and a Teacher’s Pension of £500 a month for 20 years service doesn’t go far.
On the bright side, we’re not relying on food banks and we do have our own car which ferries us to various medical appointments - one coming up in Stanmore, north London, for daughter this month. 250 miles or so round trip, but at least it’s cheaper than bus or train. I also have two extremely fit parents - they’re both 85 and go off to France towing their caravan twice a year!
Sorry, this is grossly off topic but sometimes, it gets to me. Folksy helps

A little box with magical powers… the power to keep refilling itself with Green and Blacks 70% dark chocolate! There aren’t many situations it doesn’t improve!! :wink:

2 Likes

Off topic, Denise? nah! This is our coffee break, a cuppa and a gripe or two is what we all need sometimes. passes around the biccies

4 Likes