Any advice please

Does anyone have any advice please. I have opened my folksy shop selling children’s t shirts.
Have had a few ‘loved by’ and lots of views but absolutely zilch sales! :confused:
What am I doing wrong? Or is my product not appropriate for folksy?
Any advice welcome x

it takes time…I had to wait 3 months for my first sale but now have over 450. You have to promote on social media and advertise your shop details to people…
Join in on the forums and get to know everyone…
No idea how long you have been on folksy but it doesn’t just happen overnight…
Good luck

Its very quiet at the moment with buyers being on holiday or broke from being on holiday. Not sure if that will make you feel more optimistic about it or not but if it helps I want one of your t-shirts for me now.

1 Like

Aw thanks for the comments, Im just having a mini panic thats all!
Its hard to keep adding listings when theres no feedback.
I will get on with some social media tasks, all a bit new to me so will scour the forums.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a ton of useful info on the folksy blog

1 Like

OK, so I started you off and bought one for my grand daughter…PLease note, I want a pink one with a Unicorn age 2-3 years…
I was a bit worried as I couldn’t see anywhere to give those details to you…
So maybe that needs to be added somewhere… People need to feel comfortable about getting the order correct and if I hadn’t known that I could speak to you on here…I would not have done the order…as it would have worried me about you getting the order ok…can you confirm that you got this please?
Brenda
just to add…I saw the details in my emails and no idea WHY on the address it says “follow the road round to the right etc…ha ha”
Just put the house number, road and town and post code… (how odd is that lol)

3 Likes

Your t-shirt designs are great fun. I haven’t got any children to ask but I’m sure kids would love them too. As others have said, keep promoting on social media and in the forums so people get to know who you are and what you do and don’t expect too much too soon. It can take time.

Hey thank you so much, you have made my day!!
Received your order and will post it tomorrow.
I take on board what you said about contact and will edit my listings.
I know I have to get into social media, it’s just something I have never done before and it’s a bit daunting, thanks for the advice.
Kind regards
Yasmin

You are welcome…one of the family is going to visit my grand daughter soon so it will be a lovely gift to send for her. We don’t see her very often as she is in Scotland and we are in Wales…
Looking forward to receiving it
She loves Unicorns and pink is her colour.
Why not come onto the forums and join the daily listing thread…you have enough in your shop to show ONE a day…you have to go through to LIKE everyone’s items each day, but they do the same for you which helps people to see your work…that is what gets the sales.x

forgot to say…you need some more GIRLY designs…!!

Oh my goodness! Ok, on the case!! Xx

1 Like

I’m the same. I have had my shop for about a year now and still no sales! Lots of views but no sales. Keep adding stock etc but nothing! Don’t know what the answer is.

Hi Judy. @MollyRoseDesigns Loving what you have in your shop so far but could I suggest you should add more stock and that you need more descriptive detail and more photos of the pieces you have listed.
The listing is all your customer have to go by before buying, not like one of your craft fairs where they can pick things up and handle them.
It may be my early morning eyes but I think your photos are not 100% in focus.

Joy xxx

Thanks for your advice Joy. I am about to add more stock as I had to wait for a craft fair to be over so I could see what I had left. With regard to the photo’s; I will take a look as I thought they were ok, but again, my eyesight is sometimes not very good. I also find it difficult to describe my items, so again, I will take a look and try to improve. Thanks once again.

Judy

1 Like

I have had no sales either, but am tweaking things each day and trying hard to add new listings each day. I hope tweaking things helps and doesn’t make things worse. I started my shop in December but due to an operation had to abandon it. I got my mojo back in May and started really working hard at making new items and adding lots of listings. I have only recently set up Facebook and Instagram pages so that is slow but I’m sure will improve too with time.

I don’t really have any advice but to @IndaBayi and @MollyRoseDesigns you are not alone, and I hope we all have more luck soon :heart:

Thank you. I hope so too. I must admit, I spend more time making than uploading items, so maybe I need to divide my time more equally. I will take a look at what’s in my shop, add some more items, and then set about tweaking descriptions.
Thanks for your help.

Judy

1 Like

@MollyRoseDesigns and @LuckyBugHandmade lovely items you too, I am sure you will be flying in time! xx

1 Like

Thank you @IndaBayi :blush:

Your cards are beautiful…sadly it is a fact that selling cards (and jewellery) is a very competitive market so you need to get seen…If you can and can make enough, then join the daily listing thread on the forums…you do have to try (where possible) to list and show a new item every day for a month and also go and favourite everyone else’s work… but since I joined , I have had lots of sales…it is worth all the hard work…
Get onto as many of the forum threads as you can so that people get to know you and then if they need a card, they will know where to go !

1 Like

and of course everytime you sell something, even if within the Folksy community and not the bigger wider world out there, you then have a chance of your sale showing on Folksy front page for a few minutes where it might be spotted and loved by someone from the big wide world out there too. :wink: :wink:

3 Likes