Anyone had an issue with search?

Just curious but over the last two days when I go to search for an item I’ll type in the search box as usual and it takes me into a new page as usual but instead of the item I’m looking for ‘needle case’ for example it brings up a list of ‘items’
Is it just me or has something changed in the last two days?

1 Like

I’ve found that its a bit ‘laggy’ and I need to click on the search box and then wait until its finished loading the new search page before I start typing in my search term. If I start typing in the search term to quickly (ie before its loaded the new page) it looses half of what I’ve typed and I get random stuff instead.

4 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what happens to me. Since the search thingy was changed, not just the last couple of days. Drives me nuts.

1 Like

Not had any lag it just doesn’t matter what I type in that search bar it reverts back to ‘item’ when the new page opens, I mean it’s not hard to re type but yes it does drive me a bit nuts and from a customer POV it doesn’t look very professional either.

1 Like

How odd that it’s only just started doing it for me, I wondered if something had got mixed up when the tech folk here introduced the new one click payment thing ….

I’ve just had a slightly different Search Issue: I was browsing Gift Guides from the front page. In both the “Gifts for Teenagers” and “Eco-Friendly Gifts” categories, I hit the red “search for more in this category” button. The search that actually happened was for “items” - that’s what appeared in the Search Bar at the top of the search results. All the stuff in the results had the word “items / Items” in the title.
Worse than this, there’s a whole load of headstones/ grave markers in the results - so anyone looking for Teen gifts or Eco-Friendly stuff, will see grave markers (?!!)
I assume it may well apply to more / all Gift Guides, if something is broken. Not great for buyers, or sellers.
@Folksyadmin can this be looked at please? I did complete the “Feedback” in the second search, to report this.

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback :slight_smile: (and please keep it coming!) we’ll be going through all our search feedback including these from next week, and update you all accordingly. So helpful!

2 Likes

Hi @aaronfolksy can you please change the search so that it returns ALL results, not just 200. Thanks very much.

4 Likes

I have noticed an improvement in the last 2 days. When you click in the search box, it’s now much quicker to go to the new page.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I’ve done a few searches where non of my items appear at all, even though the words I’ve used for searching are the first in the title, simply because there are only 200 results shown

2 Likes

Hi @aaronfolksy can you PLEASE urgently change the search so that it returns ALL results, not just 200. This restriction is seriously damaging. Thanks.

1 Like

I have to say, I can’t see anybody bothering to scroll through more than 200 items anyway, even if the page-at-a-time restriction is lifted. So long as you can use the filters on the whole set to whittle them down, it works for me.

2 Likes