My Items Not Showing In Searches After Holiday

I put my shop on holiday for a couple of days last week so that I didn’t receive orders I couldn’t post before Easter. I took it off holiday mode yesterday but NOTHING is showing when I search for anything. I normally come up quite high in searches but it is as if my shop is still on holiday. I have a sent a message to support but, understandably they haven’t replied as it is a bank holiday. I’m all for people taking time off and can wait but I wondered if anybody has any tips on how to get my items seen again. It’s been very quiet lately and I was hoping for a few orders over this long weekend.

1 Like

Hi - try putting your shop back in holiday and then undoing it again. This has worked for me before when this has happened :blush:

Your shop is still showing as being in holiday mode. Probably worth double checking to see if it is showing as holiday mode or not on your dashboard.

Thanks Sasha but I was trying @Macclesfieldbagworks trick of popping it back on holiday mode and taking it off again!

I have just tried that and it’s back active but when I search for absolutely anything in my shop it doesn’t come up in the search. I did leave it for over a day before starting this post.

As an example, here’s a link to a brooch with Grayson Perry designed fabric. Grayson Perry Brooch Teddy Bear Silver and Purp... - Folksy

There are not many Grayson Perry tagged items on folksy but when I search for this brooch, only a button by somebody else shows!

I’ve just have a search - and can’t find it either :pensive:. I did manage to find your shop though, and I can see items as active in your shop.

No idea if these will help, but have you tried

• deactivating and reactivatiing individual items
  • relisting items - keep an eye on the newly listed section to see if they appear

Both will take up to 20 mins to “work”

Obviously i was searching for your items at just the wrong time. I was using the aga pads for my search as they are niche, still not showing up in search but i have seen reports from others that there can be a slight lag when coming out of holiday mode so ill search again in a little while.

Try again in an hour…seems weird but sometimes it just takes a while :see_no_evil:

Thanks all. I relisted a page of my items and kept an eye on the ‘Newest Items on Folksy’ on the homepage and one of them appeared on it ( AGA Induction Hob Cover R7 150 William Morris S... - Folksy ). I searched for a few of them, including that one but none of them would appear! I have always had great results in searches. I will keep relisting a page at a time in case that helps. Thank you @theoldbutton for that idea. Time to call it a day now. Happy Easter Weekend everybody!

2 Likes

Hi I just searched for an induction hob cover and ypurs appeared straight away…hopefully this means everything is sorted now

YES Debby! @Bearlescent Thank you for helping. I have just tried a few of my products and they all come up high in the search now. Very worrying to have them all disappear for so long after making my shop active again but all is well now. Phew - I will just sit back, eat chocolate and wait for the orders to arrive. Whell . . . maybe just the chocolate bit anyway!

4 Likes

Oooh yes it’s chocolate week…enjoy.
Pleased it’s all sorted now