Are you joining in with the 12 Days of Folksy!

Hi everyone! In case you missed it our 12 Days of Folksy Challenge starts THIS Saturday. Let us know if you’re getting involved or if you have any questions!

It’s really easy to take part. Here’s how…

1. First have a look at the prompts (they’re in the picture).
  2. Then create a post for each day from 1-12 December based around that day’s theme.
  3. Share your post on Instagram on the right day, adding the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag to your caption and tagging us @folksyhq.

We’ve intentionally left the prompts vague so you can interpret them however you want to. If you’re not on Instagram, don’t worry. You can also take part on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or even on your blog.

We’ll be running giveaways every day too so make sure you keep checking in to see what’s happening and how you can win. Plus it’s all going to centre around an amazing film that Leanne Warren has been working on for months and we’ll finally be able to show you that this weekend. Eek! So exciting!

6 Likes

Yes! I am going to try although I may need to put my thinking cap on for a couple but I will post something I am sure.

1 Like

Im in as @ZoKnitandSew said thinking caps are on. Cant wait to see all the beautiful makes and creative thinking xx

I have thought about this and noted a few entries ready as I know my mind will go blank as each day dawns, will probably get inspiration from others and as the weeks go on and it gains momentum it will become much easier to post, well I am hoping it will anyway! Happy Advent xx
Suzzie x

2 Likes

Yes I am really going to give it a try looks fun so definitely thinking caps on for it.

2 Likes

I will be joining in and very much looking forward to it

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go - will get me into the Christmas spirit and produce some more Christmas gifts

2 Likes

At first I thought it was just for Instagram but I see it’s for all media platforms, I don’t have IG but I do have Twitter so I’ll have to get my thinking cap on and have a go. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping to be organised and get my photos sorted in advance… but that hasn’t happened yet, so hopefully I’ll get some ideas on the day.

1 Like

I’m going to give it a try. Not sure what I’ll do for a few of them. Like I don’t really do sparkle but I’ll see what I can come up with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me and my little Mulberry Green characters will join in :blush:

If I haven’t got anything in my own shop that fits the theme I will showcase a couple of other shops. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So glad it’s not just Instagram. I will join in if time permits.

Also, think about posts that aren’t products. One of the great things about Instagram challenges and any social media challenges like this is getting to know the person behind the brand. So some themes like ‘wishlist’ on Day 7 lend themselves to sharing pieces by other makers you would like to receive for Christmas, but others could be used to post snippets from your home, Christmas bakes, fairy lights twinkling, stockings hung up on mantelpieces…

It’s all about making connections really, sharing your values, aesthetics, craft and inspiration - and possibly most importantly talking to other people taking part and sharing their posts on the hashtag.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to join in - I’ve started the old grey cells working on it. Happy Advent everyone :relaxed:

I’ll be giving it a go although I think I may struggle with a couple

Yes, I am am; I am looking forward to it. I made a note of all the prompts and hopefully I will sort out the photos for each day this weekend. (My OH is away for a few days so I am taking advantage of being on my own; I will also put the tree up so lots of photographing opportunities :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

If you can’t join in every day, that’s fine! It’s fine to drop in and out and post when you can.

3 Likes

There’s some great prompts in the list and I’m already buzzing with ideas! For example. ‘all wrapped up’ - you could showcase your packaging for orders, or post a little unboxing clip. My IG feed is at the moment mostly product based so I’m looking forward to sharing a bit more about ‘me’ and some behind the scenes posts.