Art Chat April 2015

Brenda you can make a stay wet palette really easily, all you need is a plastic box (the type you get with a takeaway is ideal although you might not have these as you’re not keen on foreign food, so a margerine tub or similar will do. The shallower the better). You put a couple of pieces of kitchen towel in the bottom of the box which you wet and then tip out the excess water. Put a piece of greaseproof or baking paper on top and you’re done! Use the greaseproof as the palette and when you need a break just put the lid on the box. As long as you keep the kitchen towel damp your paints will keep for weeks.

LOL Stephie…I usually make a stay wet palette but I only wanted to paint one flower greetings card,…squeezed the tube…aaargh…BIG blob…lol…no way could I get it back in the tube…ha ha…so it wasn’t worth making a palette for one big blob of white…so I decided it would be better to use it…I had to add a small amount of colour to do a few aceos but there was no waste…lol.

1 Like

Waving everyone! Hopefully I can get to know a few people on here :slight_smile: not done any listing yet today, but I have updated my “meet the maker” bit and my inspiration section on my listings. Been doing a painting for my Grandad today rather than anything to sell, might post some pics when it’s finished if you all fancy a nosy?

2 Likes

Sounds great Eleanor! You’ll soon be in full banter mode :slight_smile:

I’m so tired, we’re at the sanding down phase of decorating, the very worst bit in my opinion. Ah well, back to it…5 more mins and I’m clocking off for the day.

Happy April everyone. I’ve finished my order for 4 wooden houses, they are all painted and varnished and had the ok from the customer so I’ll get some decent photo’s done to show you. :slight_smile:

Good morning, happy April everyone, missed yesterday due work and a catch up with friends, missed all the April Fools too :smile:, will have to go check out the drone for myself now I’m curious lol!

Loved all the paintings yesterday, well overdue for a blog too, maybe this weekend I can find some time, to paint and create, got some book ideas I want to try out and I really need to sort myself out for exhibition at the end of the month eek!

Just listed this one

1 Like

No Panic … Just needed to get my case with all the stand stuff sorted as I hadn’t opened it since the last fair as we hadn’t planned to do until May but an opportunity to have a stand on Friday arose so we thought why not.

I had painted some new pictures and some tiny inchie plates to take so they are all labeled and my case is now all sorted. Just got make us a packed lunch later and then I’m ready for the off in the morning. It takes us about an hour to set up and settle in, so need to Leave early to get there in plenty of time as it opens at 10 and the distance is about 1.5 hours hubby thinks.

I like doing the fairs. I get to chat art and miniatures all day :slight_smile: plus I love looking at all the other stands. Bought a Hoover last time lol

1 Like

I’d love to see your pics Eleanor :smile: and yours too Jan.

Stephie, don’t work too hard at the decorating, last time I tried to do some I was exhausted!

Lovely work Max, you sound very busy!

I’m having my garden shed demolished today as part of my total revamp plans. Really looking forward to seeing it down tonight, though the rubble won’t be removed until Monday. I must take some photos when it’s all done to show you.

1 Like

Morning Margaret we overlapped :slight_smile:

Your garden will be transformed. Nice to have plans for a make over

Morning Hazel, that tiny hoover is soooo cute!

There are so many cute things at the fairs Margaret it’s hard to resist lol

Thank you for your comment on my blog it is really appreciated. And as I said you will always be part of the Art In Wax story :slight_smile:

1 Like

I showed my daughter the hoover Hazel…and now she wants one for her dolls houses…lol…sooo cute…If you can find an address / link for them I would be interested…maybe the Doll’s house emporium sells them?
Waving everyone…great painting Max…hope you found the Drone joke…I am still giggling about it.
Waving Eleanor…jump in and chat…we are all lovely people here :smile:
Waving Jan…well done on your commissions…
Stephie …decorating…you could paint a mural on the walls…maybe…lol…
Just listed this acrylic hand painted flower card…
Back later, with more listings…

1 Like

Stephie…thought you would like this…
I decided to follow you on Artfinder…and now whenever I put my pc on…I get an ad showing lots of your paintings…lol…

1 Like

That tiny hoover is ace :smiley: lovely listing Maxine, really love the colours.

This is my painting so far for my Grandad, it’s of a park in Lincoln he used to take me to to draw and paint together :slight_smile: Am not totally sure on the composition at the moment though, it needs a little something. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Eleanor, possibly it could do with something in the foreground, maybe a waterbird of some kind?

Oooh good idea, I was thinking also maybe a row boat?

1 Like

Eleanor what a lovely gift for your grandad, filled with precious memories. Thinking about the composition, perhaps your reflections could do with a little tweaking to make them consistent - if you hold the painting on its side you’ll be able to see that the length of the reflections of the big trees is about right but the smaller greenery on the right hand side is a little short. You can check the shapes of the reflections this way too - your brain will see shapes rather than things. I’d put some more intense colours in the foreground water to give the painting a sense of recession and maybe some ripples close up to the viewer. If you want to try a bird or a boat, draw one on a piece of paper and place it in different positions to see whether it would be an improvement or not. Good luck, it’s looking lovely already!

Good luck tomorrow Hazel, wonder what you’ll come back with for the shop? A while back did you say Adrian had another mini project on the go or did I dream that?

Lol Brenda! I have been asked already how I’m getting on with the big canvas :joy: And lucky you seeing all my artfinder paintings everyday hey?! :wink:

Waving Margaret! Will you be restarting your lunchtime walks for your colleagues soon? the weather is definitely improving.

I’m hoping to try out my new watercolour bargains later, fingers crossed.

Thanks so much for this, I will certainly have a go at these ideas :smiley: will let you know how it goes!

1 Like

It is great isn’t it. Yes they are around. I bought mine from Dinky Delights at the fair but she sells online too. This is her facebook page if your daughter contacts her there she will let her know what she has in stock. They come in other colours too. I was torn between pink or purple - had to be purple lol

Stephie, I’m not sure yet about whether to resume the lunchtime walks, they weren’t always well attended. There are also complications, I can’t stop my admirer coming on the walks, and that can make things difficult, especially if he’s the only one who wants to walk with me! Talking of him, there was a beautiful box of Belgian chocolates waiting for me today :smile:

2 Likes