Art Chat - May

The place to chat about all things art related, do join in, come on and show your artworks we’re a friendly bunch :slight_smile:

Morning all…a bit grey for the start of May but lots of beautiful blossoms on the trees…I’ll be back in a while with my first listing.
Here it is.
https://folksy.com/items/6652186-aceo-art-painting-miniature-hummingbird-floral-garden-ref-87

3 Likes

Welcome to May everyone! My very favourite month of the year :smile:

Beautiful ACEO Brenda, really pretty.

1 Like

Good Morning Max, Brenda and Margaret :slight_smile:

I have painted a couple of ACEO’s , I don’t paint many in this size anymore so they are rarity from me now a days, it was fun to paint this size again, and they have a lot more details than before as I now paint soooo tiny with my Dolls House Art my larger pieces have a lot more going on too lol … They are listed in my shop here today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Everyone.

Fabulous work on here all ready!

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6652229-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-Of-Enchanted-Castles-005-

2 Likes

Hazel, they are awesome! so much detail!

Lovely encaustic Kelly.

I’m full of scrumptious chocolate cake that my colleague bought me, it was a big enough piece to feed a whole family but I managed it! :smile:

3 Likes

Very pretty Kelly

Thank you Margaret :slight_smile:
Wish I had cake …

Thought I would start taking part in this thread if that’s ok. :blush:

I don’t get to list very regularly as it takes me a while to go through the whole lino-print process. Thought I would show you my most recent one, it’s not listed yet as I’ll be mounting them tomorrow- they’ve spent this week drying.

My theme is always the North Sea. I live in Tynemouth, a village on the north east coast; a 15 min drive from Newcastle. So living right on the sea front, my environment definitely inspires me! :blush:

4 Likes

Hi Susannah - your lobster is fab :smile

1 Like

welcome Susannah…lovely lobster…join in and chat too !
Waving Hazel…great aceos…good luck with your fair this weekend.
Waving Margaret…where’s my cake?
Beautiful fantasy Kelly.
My second aceo for today
https://folksy.com/items/6652342-woodland-landscape-aceo-art-painting-original-ref-88

3 Likes

That humming bird is lovely, it’s such a lovely shape, and i could disapear into the lovely woodland scene.
Hazel, your poppies are looking really fresh, the colours are really clean.
The enchanted castles are fab, I love the little birds flying overhead.
The Lobster is great, I done a bit of lino print a few years ago, it’s not easy, I really admire anyone who can put in so much detail :smile:
I done one of my doors for a shop over on the other side, I thought you’d like to see it, this pic is from my blog…

4 Likes

Great work Jan
been looking after our neighbour’s dog all day (and will have him until Sunday…) worn out already…lol…

2 Likes

:blush::blush: Thanks folks!
Love looking at other people’s work! They’re all fab!! :blush:

1 Like

Evening everyone! It’s been a beautiful day here, we took our time-share pup to a nearby lake…he loves swimming.

Such gorgeous artwork in here. Susannah a big welcome, I’m a fan of your work, the lobster is awesome.

I’ve been experimenting, I made this window sticker for my daughter. It’s rather fragile, I need to refine the process.

lovely work Stephie…did you use a kit? (ha ha…joke)…
At least with our part time dog, it is just for the weekend and we don;t have to walk him. Another neighbour is doing that for us. I don;t mind the walking but the only place really is the beach (not allowed from May 1st - September) or the mountain which is quite a climb with a dog on a lead. The neighbour is just a teenager and she can do it better than we can.

1 Like

Good morning everyone, hello and welcome to Susannah, I’ve not done a lino print for ages, love the lobster, waving hi to everyone lovely work yesterday, off out this morning but hopefully I’ll get some painting time in later planning some ACEO’s I really need to re-stock my shop here and over there both running low!

Love the effect Stephie, be interesting to see it stuck to the window, does it stay opaque?

Morning :smile:

Kit loves her name, she particularly likes hobbycraft as her name is on lots and lots of boxes haha.

It stuck really well to the window but got a bit stretched, it was too delicate. Also the black outline was lost somewhere along the way, I need to try again. The paints are rather thick and very gloopy, I need more practice.

Shopping today, I need (haha) some mixed media paper, I tried some yesterday at art club and it works really well with inktense.

2 Likes

Morning Max and Stephie…chilly here today…
Charlie (the dog) is missing his owners and they don’t come back until tomorrow…bless…
My listing for today is
https://folksy.com/items/6652566-floral-flower-art-painting-original-aceo-watercolour-ref-89

1 Like

Aww cutie Charlie. Your flowers are lovely Brenda

My newest painting is on hand made 100% recylced cotton rag paper. It’s not very thick (only 150gsm) so you can’t use too much water with the paint.

2 Likes

Great work Stephie…