Art Chat : December 2014

Morning everyone

Your poppy scarf on the blog is beautiful Tessa :slight_smile: all the best with the blog hop, and thanks for the offer :slight_smile:

Margaret I donā€™t blame you not making your own , just enjoy doing them they are wonderful creatations :slight_smile:

I printed it from the computer Stephie. Itā€™s tricky as using heat and hot wax makes the ink bleed so I loose 3 out of 4 of these in the process - hence why they are few and far between. - I have sold a few over the years, they are very different !!! And I do like to try out new things in wax !!

Iā€™ve now got all my new miniatures ready for the weekend Iā€™m talking them up a small fair in Felixstowe, the inlaws live there so we are having a visit after the fair. We did a stock take ā€¦ Wow !!! Iā€™ve been busier than I realised lol

2 Likes

I know what you mean Margaret - the wax just has to be seen doesnā€™t it :slight_smile:

By weekend Iā€™m hoping to have this top part of the parrot finished and Iā€™ll do the outlining which will make the eye and the feathers stand out a lot better and Iā€™ll show it again then :smile:

2 Likes

This is what I have been up to ā€¦

I started tweaking and couldnā€™t stop lol

lol Hazel, you did get carried away! both off them have a different charm, though I suppose whoever buys it now will get more wax for their money! :smile:

lol you are right there Margaret ā€¦ I think I like it better now, partly because thereā€™s no going back !!! I liked it before, but always felt it needed something but once I started the wax kept flowing !!! So as you say itā€™s different :slight_smile:

Tired waves from me today.

This afternoon Iā€™ve been working on the triptych. This is the detail of the rocks, 10 hours in. Iā€™m a little way ahead of this but donā€™t have the time to post all the stages, too busy playing catch-up! Click on the pic to read the details.

The weird white square in the bottom left hand corner is where the sun was falling on the painting, itā€™s not really bright white there.

Son comes home on Saturday so I have to clear out of his room by then :confused:

3 Likes

Those rocks are looking brilliant, the colour and texture is very impressive!

Looking good Stephie :slight_smile:

Itā€™s looking fab Stephie!

YAY! Iā€™ve got my own mini silk painting kit for sale from Silkcraft out now to go with my article in Leisure Painter on Fri about silk painted greetings cards.
http://www.silkcraft.co.uk/acatalog/Silk_Painting_Kits.html

4 Likes

Wow thatā€™s great Tessa all the best with the kit :slight_smile:

Evening all, congratulations Tessa, and lovely blog too :slight_smile:

Looking good Stephie, Iā€™ve yet to even open my acrylics and larger canvases!

I love the after one too Hazel, hope it finds a new home soon :smile:

looking forward to seeing your parrot progress Margaret

Whoopedidoop thatā€™s fab Tessa! Congrats!

Thanks for the rock love - the left hand ones have hardly any grey left in them now, I didnā€™t like it (even though the rocks are grey in real life). If my clientā€™s wanted photo-realism they wouldnā€™t have commissioned me lol :slight_smile: Theyā€™re very happy with progress by the way, the latest feedback (today) is that itā€™s looking better than they could ever have imagined :blush:

1 Like

Well done Stephie! Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be delighted with it :smile:

Tessa, that kit looks very interesting indeed! Iā€™ll have to have a look out for the Leisure Painter mag to see your article :smile:

Hi All

I have just listed two of my wax on wood pieces

These are painted using a beeswax paint, handmade paints by a company in the US which I have painted onto a box style wooden panels (like you would have a canvas) the layers of wax are deeper and the over all pictures are very striking and unique.

Both these are 8 x 8 inches in size ā€¦

2 Likes

They look fab Hazel, I think the bottom one is my favourite.

Tessa, which issue of Leisure Painter is your article in? I had a look at the latest issue I have (December) and itā€™s not in there (or I couldnā€™t find it!)

Thanks Margaret that one is a bit abstract for me but great texture and colours.

Iā€™ve moved them here for now as they expired on Etsy and I donā€™t have to pay fees here. December has always been quiet for me, in fact Iā€™m not holding out for many online sales although they would be nice. Historically I do better after Christmas online. Iā€™m off to the miniatures fair on Sunday so hope to sell a few there. Plus we get to visit with the inlaws as they live in Felixstowe.

Morning Margaret and Hazel (:

I like the bottom one best too Hazel, it 's very harmonious.

Off to take some photos of a couple of new sketches and then I really must list something new on here!

I had so much fun painting this camelā€¦my daughter, who was sat by me trying to do her homework, said ā€œMum I can hear you chuckling, stop it!ā€

2 Likes

And hereā€™s my hare :smile:

1 Like