Weekly Art Chat w/c 14th December

The place to show and chat about art of all kinds, please do join in everyone is welcome

Good morning, waving hi to everyone. Had a lovely but busy family weekend, had 11 for food yesterday! thankfully I have the day off today so plenty of time to recover :). I have four commissions to do today something a bit different for some cut out silhouettes for a nursey, not something I have ever done before and I had to desgin all of the silhouettes using just ‘shapes’ as you can’t do free hand drawing on the cutting machine. Here’s one of them a scottie dog, he’s made up of around 18 different shapes to create just the outline, I also did a giraffe, elephant, sausage dog, bumble bee and a cat and I’m working on creating my own backing papers :smile:

1 Like

Good morning! Love the scotty, hope you can show more of these…are they in different colours? The weekends seem to be rushing by, can’t seem to tick much off the to-do list! However, here’s Mr Fox from the recent aceos I photographed for the shop! Have a great week one and all!

1 Like

Great work ladies…waving to everyone
Here is my listing for today

1 Like

Hiya all.

Great work on this thread as always.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6773894-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-Impression-Of-A-Rose-With-Fancy-Edging-001-

1 Like

Thank you my lovelies, gorgeous fox Serena, love the landscape Brenda and lovely encaustic Kelly.

I’ve just listed the scottie and some others in the shop too, I will be doing other colours Serena, most likely will offer made to order for them as well when I get around to sorting some listings, probably with bespoke backgrounds too as the new ones have my own design backgrounds for them, here’s another

2 Likes

The gorgeous post learned a great deal Thanks greatly!

Nice work ladies.
I like the little dogs Max.

2 things from me

2 Likes

Waving Tessa/…hope you are well…

Great work everyone, your butterfly pendant is gorgeous Tessa. :smile:
Here’s a quick painting:

2 Likes

Evening everyone, I can’t believe it’s nearly the end of Tuesday already!

Great work on here as always, I especially like Serena’s fox and Max’s dogs.

@TwibellArts do you both paint and sew or does one do the painting and the other the sewing? Not that I’m at all nosey of course…

Here’s one of my Santa hat series - I’m hoping that you’ve been good this year but to be honest Santa-Camel doesn’t look that impressed.

3 Likes

Good morning, lovely work everyone, waving hio to everyone, it’s ever so quiet in here isn’t it, hope you are all getting some painting time in, mine is non existent at the moment but I might get some time in art club this week I’m going to take my watercolours with me anyway so I’ll see what happens :slight_smile:

just added this little cutie too, again both the Elephant and backing paper is my own designs

I’ve recently added some textile art prints to my shop and could do with some advice from the more experienced art sellers on here. The prints are all mounted, in 3 different size mounts, but I was wondering what is the most popular size to sell online, and is it generally better to sell the prints unmounted or mounted? I don’t really want to sell them framed, but should I include a photo of one in a frame anyway? Any other useful advice on selling art/prints would be very welcome! :smile:

This is one of my most popular prints (at fairs anyway!)

Fabulous! Just had a look at your shop and those elephants are gorgeous!

1 Like

We don’t mind you asking! It’s all my work at the moment (Serena!) as Izzy (daughter!) is working hard for college art projects and creating large paintings and items which need transporting by her kind parents as they can’t fit on the bus! She has a few designs that after exams, etc, she will be putting into the shop. So, for the time being, you’re all just stuck with me! BTW I think your camel ate all the mince pies and is looking pleased with himself! He’s so cute!

2 Likes

Fabulous work on this thread as always! Love the colour palette for your encaustic art painting and the wavy edging just completes the design…beautiful!

Thank-you so much for your kind comment Serena and Isabella. It is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya all…

Great work everyone and thanks for the kind comments on my work.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6774784-ACEO-Original-Encaustic-Art-Enchanted-Fantasy-Castles-Painting-With-Glitter-004-

1 Like

Morning all…great work as always…
Christine, I am not sure how well prints work as I know a lot of people only like originals, so I am not really in a position to comment. It is nice to see how paintings look when they are framed, but sometimes it does confuse people, who think the frame comes with the cost…so it would have to be made very clear that the item is UNframed…
Perhaps , use a framed picture as your SECOND one and not the main photo.
I have realised just HOW many paintings I have in the house, and yes it easily goes into hundreds, and that is without adding Kelly’s…lol…
SO…I have decided to add a SALE section to my shop…after all, with a plus account the listings are already paid for, so I thought it would be nice to offer some bargains to the customers. Today I have started with just ONE aceo, but I will be adding more and possibly eventually some crochet…so PLEASE keep checking the SALE section in my shop for real BARGAIN deals.
Here is the first of many for just £1…!!!

2 Likes

Hi Christine I prefer to sell prints with a mount an A4 or 10x8 mount or smaller is easier to post than bigger. My most popular sizes that I sell offline is 11x14 or12x16in.

waves @ Brenda.